PIB Voting Proxy ballots

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2008
      Greetings!
           I'm turning the computer off now, in order to head in for the meeting. I have three proxy votes, all of which have een sent receipts by email.
      Respectfully,
      Alexander de Seton
    • Teleri
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2008
        I sent in a proxy to Alexander on Friday afternoon, but I didn't get a receipt.  I didn't get any mail errors, and there's nothing in the Spam folder.  Which got lost in the depths of the internet, my proxy or the receipt?  I know it's all over (and Congratulations to the new Officers), but I was wondering if my votes got counted.

        Teleri

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2008
          Greetings!
               I received proxy ballots from Victor of Krk, Katelyn Burr, and Gwebhwyvar Noctornal, and delivered them to the meeting. I do not have a record of a vote from you in my email.
          Respectfully,
          Alexander de Seton

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
            Teleri –

            Thanks for the reply and the congrats. And I am frustrated that your
            vote wasn't included, but glad we got your answer.

            I think the main trouble with the proxy process was that we took them
            so late. If we had cut proxy voting off a bit earlier there would
            have been more time to discover lost emails. As it was – even though
            the seneschals and Alexander were sending receipt emails for
            confirmations, you were not able to catch his list emails until after
            the polls closed. Definitely something to learn from.

            I wouldn't have worried about wanting it known your vote was cast.
            Knowing the proxy process had at least one flaw is helpful – but the
            proxies are anonymous anyway. We wouldn't have known if your vote had
            been counted and you had a receipt. (There were a number of blank
            ballots actually cast – some people only voting for a name or device
            if you were curious.)

            And you are right – I think it is known that you did not vote for a
            Barony. But I do not think anyone would question your loyalty to the
            group or that you want us all to be successful. It is just that you
            have a different opinion. I have not heard anyone say you are
            adversarial. And if anything – you help with the group unity by
            helping push for things like the combined dance practice.

            See you soon,
            ~p
          • Craig
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
              My apologies to the list and to Honorable Lady Teleri., my intention
              was to respond directly to her.

              Sorry,
              Philip.

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <philipwhite@...> wrote:

              > Teleri –
              >
              > Thanks for the reply and the congrats. And I am frustrated that your
              > vote wasn't included, but glad we got your answer.
            • Dayle Harding
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008

                Philip, Teleri, and others--

                Since it was posted to the list (yea, I've done stuff like that, too), let me say that I had a couple of people from VW who voted for the officers who are not in favor of the Barony.  I actually encouraged that, as if the Barony is a go, then the officers are the people who are representing them, and they should have a say.  If we had gotten the polling results first, for example, and it was a go, then they still would've had the opportunity to vote.  I suspect there were more there like that, as well.

                Acelina