Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 3, 2006
      SUNDAY

      ** Newcomers Orientation

      The Shire of Grey Gagoyles is putting on a series of Newcomers workshops open to all.  The first Workshop shall be a newcomers orientation taught by Countess Sir Fern.

      This class will be at 1pm Sunday April 9th in the Cloister Club in Ida Noyes.  This is the same place as the Ayreton Fighter Practice but an hour earlier.

       It shall be covering basics of interaction, what's who and other fun things that make the SCA the SCA but are a bit confusing to the new comers.

      Please let all newcomers know about this especially since many are not on the discussion groups.  And again, everyone is welcome from the Knowne World.  We greatly encourage attendance.

      Questions can be refered to the Grey Gargoyles Chatelaine Ian the Green.  He can be reached at

      Cell 775-771-0193

      ** Sarafina's sewing

      THL Sarafina will be holding a sewing workshop Sunday April 22, 2006 at 1pm.  This workshop will be about making and putting patterns together.  There will be no sewing done that day.  This is an excellent way for people who wish to learn how to sew to learn the first steps in getting together and making garb.

      This will be located at Ida Noyes.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is April 11 and the 25th.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, April 6
      Thursday, April 27 (also moot)
      WEDNESDAY, May 3** NOTE Wed. May 3, not Thur. May 4 as normal
      Thursday, May 25 (also moot)
      Thursday, June 1
      Thursday, JUNE 29 (also moot)** NOTE June 29, not June 22 as normal

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

      ** Vanished Woods Sewing Guild

      The next Vanished Wood Sewing Guild will be held on Thursday, April 6th at 6:30 at the home of Onnen and Meurig (Melinda and Paul Beck) at 2310 W. Nichols Rd, Apt C, Arlington Heights IL.  (847-483-5279, please call after 9am and before 10pm)
      The directions are as follows (Google maps work, but do NOT trust Mapquest, Yahoo maps or the like as they will put you in another suburb):

      For most of you from the south, Take your best route to the I/90-I290/53 intersection near Woodfield.  Once past the I90 intersection, the I290/53 expressway continues north as Rt 53.  Follow the Rt 53 expressway north until it ends at Lake Cook Rd, going east (right) on Lake Cook.  Turn Right into the first driveway at Country Glen Apartments.  You will be on Nichols Road (indicated on the Country Glen Apt sign, but not a street sign).  Turn right before reaching the third speedbump (signs will indicate building numbers, of which you are looking for 2310).  Proceed through the first parking lot and around the small pond, turning right when reaching the second parking lot (marked "B").  We will have a sign on the balcony indicating our unit.  Please park in an un-numbered space, as the numbered spaces are reserved for specific tenants and you may be towed if the tenant comes home.

      If you are coming from any other direction, please call.
      Thanks, Onnen/Melinda

      BARDIC

      Ravenslake

      Hello,

      Dycon and I would like to invite you to our fourth bardic circle; 21 April
      2006, the third Friday in April, from around 7 to around midnight.

      Kyla Mead & Dycon Gestour
      2412 Dunlay Court
      Waukegan IL 60085
      (847)775-1598

      (Directions below.)

      We prefer a play, pick or pass format, but don't enforce it rigidly. We will be instituting the 'Wheel-o-fish' if people think it's funny. (Red snapper; very tasty!) I have several instruments available to lend, including a guitar, a harp, a lap dulcimer and a mandola.

      RSVP requested, BYOB. We will have munchies and some soda, please feel free
      to bring what you want to eat, and drink. There are currently no pets in this house. Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided. We will be in the basement, so dress warmly.

      Dycon has put a shield out.

      From the North / South:
      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere,
      Take 120 East to past Green Bay.
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
      Continue North to Dunlay,
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El Paraiso'
      Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:

      Best options to Washington,
      From the West, Take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree,
      Or if from the East Take Washington West past the 7-11 to Keller / McAree,
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
      Take McAree North to Dunlay,
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El Paraiso'
      Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      DEMOs

      ** Grey Gargoyles

      The Fairs are going to be on April 10th and 20th (7-9pm) in the Hutch
      (the large cafeteria area in the Reynolds Club).

      We have a demo time scheduled from 8:30 to 8:50pm on Thursday, April 20th only. We need at least one more heavy fighter, and a couple of fencers wouldn't be amiss... : )  All they will really need to do is to fight a bit, do a little explainatory bit, and fight a bit more.

            The info for finding the Hutch (aka Hutchison Commons) is this:

      1135 E. 57th St.
      Chicago, IL 60637
      http://maps.uchicago.edu/mainquad/commons.html

      ** Foxvale

      The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has been asked to provide a demo on medieval life for a home-school group in Joliet.  The date of the demo is Thursday, April 27th.  The timeframe they have given us is 10:20 am - 12:15 pm.

      This is a church-based group; the first part of the time block is their devotional period, during which they suggested we do a segment on church history.  The remainder of the time will be class and lunch.  The class we will be addressing is about 20 students in the 3rd-4th grade range; the more 'hands on' the presentation, the better.

      We will be demonstrating armor (construction, at least, and perhaps a bit of actual fighting if a marshall is available), dancing and games.  We hope to have a variety of arts, crafts and sciences as well, depending on the skills of the good gentles who join us.  Heraldry would be most welcome, as the students will be doing their own coat of arms projects.  We have inquired about archery, and may do some cooking in conjunction with lunch.

      Anyone interested in participating in this demo should contact Berngard (called Moose), Coordinator of Demos & Displays for the Incipient Shire of Foxvale at danceswithwords42@....  (mka Dori Becker) and are urged to attend Foxvale Moot on March 21st (www.foxvale.org for details and directions).

      Information about the school group and their location is available at www.jaccinc.org

      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 12, 2006
        I apologize for the announcements coming out a day late.  I hope to have that issue resolved by next Monday.  As always feel free to e-mail me with any corrections that need to be made and send me activities that you would like to be announced.

        MONDAYS

        ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
        Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

        TUESDAYS

        ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

        This month that is April 25th.  Tuesday before the Midland's Regional A&S Faire

        WEDNESDAYS

        Wednesdays

        Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings scheduled for April 12th and 26, May 10th and 24th.

        Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

        THURSDAYS

        ** The Pippins
        A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
        Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

        ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

        Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

        Thursday, April 27 (also moot)
        WEDNESDAY, May 3** NOTE Wed. May 3, not Thur. May 4 as normal
        Thursday, May 25 (also moot)
        Thursday, June 1
        Thursday, JUNE 29 (also moot)** NOTE June 29, not June 22 as normal

        For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

        ** Vanished Woods Sewing Guild

        The next Vanished Wood Sewing Guild will be held on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30 at the home of Onnen and Meurig (Melinda and Paul Beck) at 2310 W. Nichols Rd, Apt C, Arlington Heights IL.  (847-483-5279, please call after 9am and before 10pm)
[...]

        From the North / South:
        Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere,
        Take 120 East to past Green Bay.
        Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
        Continue North to Dunlay,
        Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El Paraiso'
        Mexican restaurant.)
        Dunlay is a "circle."
        We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
        White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

        From the East / West:

        Best options to Washington,
        From the West, Take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree,
        Or if from the East Take Washington West past the 7-11 to Keller / McAree,
        Keller becomes McAree at Washington,
        Take McAree North to Dunlay,
        Dunlay is the first right past Washington. (Across from the 'El Paraiso'
        Mexican restaurant.)
        Dunlay is a "circle."
        We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
        White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

        DEMOs

        ** Grey Gargoyles

        The Fairs are going to be on April  20th (7-9pm) in the Hutch

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 17, 2006
[...]

          This is the last minute announcement of our fourth bardic circle; 21 April
          2006, the third Friday in April, from around 7 to around midnight.

          It will be at our house:

          Kyla Mead & Dycon Gestour
          2412 Dunlay Court
          Waukegan IL 60085
          (847)775-1598

          (Directions below.)

          We prefer a play, pick or pass format. We are also using the wheel of fish.
          (Since it went over fairly well last time.) We also prefer this to be a
          bardic open to all types of music. If you have instrumental music that you
          want other people to be able to play with you, please bring sheet music to
          share, preferably with guitar chords noted. If you have songs that you want
          people to learn words to, please bring words to share; at least the first
          time through, it is good to have lyrics in front of you. I have several
          instruments available to lend, including a guitar, a harp, a lap dulcimer, a
          hammered dulcimer, recorders, bamboo flutes, penny whistles and a mandola.

          RSVP requested, BYOB. We will have munchies and some soda, please feel free
          to bring what you want to eat, and drink. There are currently no pets in
          this house. Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.

          Dycon has put his shield out.

          From the North / South:
          Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere
          Take 120 East to past Green Bay
          Keller becomes McAree at Washington
          Continue North to Dunlay
          Dunlay is the first right past Washington.
          (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)
          Dunlay is a "circle."
          We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
          White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

          From the East / West:

          Best options to Washington
          From the West, take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree
          Or if from the East, take Washington West Past the 7-11 to McAree
          Keller becomes McAree at Washington
          Take McAree North to Dunlay

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 24, 2006
[...]

              Sewing Guild for April 27 will be held at a different location, and the host will contact you.

              We will be starting a Project Night every Wednesday, also starting at 6:30pm, starting April 19, 2006 at the home of Onnen and Meurig (Melinda and Paul Beck).   Kids are welcome (we have toys for toddler/pre-school and little kids have their own project table), smoking will be out on the balcony, and the dogs and cat will be sequestered.  All are welcome to bring projects (even sewing for those who need extra time for their project or cannot make it to Sewing Guild).  We intend to continue Project Night through the summer.  For directions or questions, please contact Onnen at onnen.bach@... or call (847) 483-5279.  RSVP is nice, but not necessary - sometimes we don't know we can make it until the last minute!

            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2006
              SUNDAYS

              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                Magdalena Von Der Plesse and Sarafina, shall start a garb circle Sundays at the Grey Gargoyles starting around 2p.

                This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

              MONDAYS

              ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
              Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

              TUESDAYS

              ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

              This month that is May 9, 23, 30.

              WEDNESDAYS

              Wednesdays

              Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

              Message 6 of 24 , May 8, 2006
                SUNDAYS

                ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                  The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote h'ardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!

[...]

                This month that is May 9, 23 AND 30th.

                WEDNESDAYS

                Wednesdays

                Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings are scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

                Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

                THURSDAYS

                ** The Pippins

                A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                Thurs. May 25th (also moot)
                Thurs. June 1st
                Thurs. June 29th (also moot)  *NOTE: This is 5th Friday of the month,
                not the usual 4th Friday*
                Thurs. July 6th
                Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
                Thurs. August 3rd
                Thurs. August 24th (also moot)

                Message 7 of 24 , May 15, 2006
                  SUNDAYS

                  ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                    The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote Hardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

[...]

                  Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meeting is scheduled for May 24th.

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 22, 2006
                    EVENT REQUESTS

                    ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25
                    Border Skirmish III is looking for bards, skalds, storytellers,
                    magicians and fools of every description. There will much
                    fighting and eating, and therefore, much sitting around of
                    people waiting to fight and eat.

                    It is our goal to have no boredom at this event, so we are
                    looking to entertain those people not currently occupied with
                    stories, songs, magic and general foolishness. We would like
                    such entertainers as are attending the event to give a hour
                    of their time, or whatever they are willing to give, to
                    entertain.
                    Possible locations include the lunch pavilion, the various
                    fight pavilions and perhaps the nobles pavilion, as well as
                    strolling about the grounds entertaining random passers by.
                    Anyone interested should contact me directly, or sign up at
                    troll.
                    Thanks,
                    Kyla
                    You can send e-mail to: skycat@...
                    Here is the Border Skirmish website:
                    http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/index.html
                    June 23rd - 25th, 2006
                    325 Herbert Road, Lakemoor, IL
[...]

                    ** Vanished Woods Project Night

                    We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

                    Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

                    Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

[...]

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 29, 2006
[...]

                      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 6, 2006
[...]

                        (Anyone have their contact information?)

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 12, 2006
[...]

                            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!  YES! Ida Noyes is OPEN THIS SUMMER so there will STILL be plenty of plug - ins tables and space for anyone who wants to work on a project!

[...]

                          This month that is June 13th and June 27th

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 20, 2006
                            EVENT REQUESTS

                            ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25  THIS WEEKEND!!!
[...]

                            This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 26, 2006
[...]

                              This month that is June 27.

[...]

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                                SUNDAYS

                                ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                                  The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  This past week at least two under dresses were cut out as well as other projects.  Come and Garb with us!

                                  This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                                  Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

                                MONDAYS

                                ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                                    Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                                    regular schedule on the 24th.
[...]

                                ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

                                The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

                                Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
                                Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 11, 2006
[...]

                                  This month that is July 11 and 25

                                  July 11th is a field trip so CALL FIRST please

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 17, 2006
                                    SUNDAYS

                                    ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                                      The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

                                      This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                                      Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

                                    MONDAYS

                                    ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                                        Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                                        regular schedule on the 24th.
                                    Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                                    TUESDAYS

                                    ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

                                    This month that is July 25.

                                    WEDNESDAYS

                                    Wednesdays

                                    ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next Heraldry night is July 18

[...]

                                    The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

                                      ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
                                          SUNDAYS

                                          ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                                          2 p.m. until the end of practice.

                                            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

                                              No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

                                          WEDNESDAYS

                                          There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

                                          THURSDAYS

                                          ** The Pippins

                                          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                                          Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                                          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                                          Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                                          Thursday, Sept. 7
                                          Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                                          Thursday, Oct. 5
                                          WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                                          WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                                          Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                                            Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

                                            Thank you!

[...]

                                              2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

                                            WEDNESDAYS

                                            Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
                                            and a dish to share.

                                            While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

                                            From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

                                            onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

                                            THURSDAYS

                                            ** The Pippins

                                            A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                                            Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                                            ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                                            Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                                            Thursday, Sept. 7
                                            Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                                            Thursday, Oct. 5
                                            WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                                            WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                                            Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                                            For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

                                            SATURDAY

                                            Games Night:

                                            Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
                                            games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

                                            Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                          • ayretontownecryer
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                                              Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
                                              have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
                                              know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

                                              SUNDAYS

                                              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
                                              Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
                                              project you would like to work on.

                                              The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
                                              recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
                                              buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
                                              people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

                                              It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
                                              However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
                                              makegarb is more than welcome!

                                              MONDAYS

                                              ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

                                              Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
                                              Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
                                              Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
                                              as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                                              Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                                              ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
                                              Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
                                              twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
                                              waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
                                              related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
                                              The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

                                              Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                                              TUESDAYS

                                              ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
                                              from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
                                              0125 to confirm.

                                              This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
                                              26th.

                                              WEDNESDAYS

                                              Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

                                              THURSDAYS

                                              ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
                                              fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
                                              provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

                                              While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
                                              welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

                                              We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
                                              south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
                                              Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
                                              Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
                                              go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
                                              before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
                                              balconyto help you identify us.

                                              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                              different suburb....

                                              ** The Pippins

                                              A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
                                              Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
                                              Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
                                              information.

                                              ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
                                              levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
                                              aspect of the scribal arts.

                                              You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
                                              Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                                              paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
                                              calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
                                              buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
                                              course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
                                              supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
                                              aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
                                              (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
                                              yourself.

[...]

                                              From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                              different suburb....
                                            • Dayle Harding
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                                                Ian--
                                                The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                                                svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                                                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                                SATURDAY

                                                **Games Night:

                                                Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                                                the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                                                within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                                                Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                                                appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                                                and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                                                night starts around 6:30ish.

                                                We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                                                week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                                From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me