PIB final name list

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2008
      Unto the good people of Ayreton, greetings from the Towne Cryer!

      I apologize for the cross-posting.  I know there has been a lot of Baronial mail over the last few days/weeks, and I promise this will slow down after April 26.  Until then, in the interest of communication and inclusion, I will keep posting PIB announcements to a bazillion lists, so that citizens can be as informed as possible.  Expect another email next week with the official electronic ballot.

      Thank you everyone who submitted a name idea.  The following list is all of the names that have been submitted with plausible documentation that they could exist as a place name.  Therefore, this will be the ballot list.  Note that I list these names without their context.  Unless we want a subtitle along with the Barony, or we're interested in explaining the name to everyone we meet, the names we pick should be able to stand on their own, in addition to being meaningful to the citizens.  I will post a version of this list with explanations/translations/pronunciation to the Ayreton list only (email me if you want to receive this and are not on the Ayreton list).

      Ayreton
      Dragonsfont
      Bear Lake
      The Inland Sea
      Great Hale
      Lvctone
      Leacwic
      Fenby
      Diolkos
      Dragon's Lake
      Shell
      Winster
      Cheppingsal
      Comhrac

      Thanks again for your attention and input.

      Yours in overcommunication,

      --Mistress Gianetta, Towne Cryer

      http://mail.yahoo.com