Ayreton Arts Marial

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2006
      YOUTH BOFFER

      We are going to have one last outdoor youth practice on the 3rd
      Monday of Sept., which would be the 18th. It's once again at the
      Malones. We hope to move practice starting in Oct. to a bigger
      indoor site. While we liked Fox Vale, and were VERY appreciative of
      the start they gave us, we've simply grown too big. We now have
      about 14-16 youth fighters from all three age divisions showed up on
      a regular basis.

      For Youth boffer Practice:

      Anna (Kellee Malone)
      ph# 630-527-7041

      Address:
      6s054 Country Glen Drive
      Naperville, IL 60563

      **it doesn't map quest well. Country Glen Drive is off of North
      Aurora between Route 59 and Eola on the north side of the street.
      The house is the first one facing Country Glen and is on the left
      side of the street. It is gray with a yellow front door. The house
      number is above the garage door.

      The Ayreton Fighter Practices:

      SUNDAY

      ** GREY GARGOYLES -

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND GARB CIRCLE

      Hoobah! Annette is graciously bringing refreshments for all those
      that come the Ayreton Fighter Practice and Garb Circle. She brings
      Pickles, Oranges. Pretzels and other stuff as well. She does this
      out of her own pocket. After speaking with many of the fighters at
      the practice it was commonly agreed that it would be wonderful if
      people who come would be able to give Annette just $1 so that she can
      keep bringing the refreshments. BY NO MEANS IS THIS A REQUIREMENT.
      If you can that is great! If not, that's okay. (It is a college
      campus folks.)

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of
      Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site
      every Sunday of the month. We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      Practices have been starting at 1p for Talib's rapier book reading
      and practical application. Heavy practice starts more or less around
      2p.

      Talib (CCK) leading a book reading with students of the sword with
      Tom Leoni's new English translation. This is a more cerebral class
      starting off by discussing the assigned readings and then stepping
      into practical application. This Class runs from 1:00 to 2:30

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.
      You may wish to take an alternate route. Alternate directions can be
      found at :

      Ida Noyes Hall - 59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and
      exit
      at Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway
      Plaisance (59th St.)

      Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the
      northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

      LINK

      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

      If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the Lake
      Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not
      allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

      This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** RAVENSLAKE -

      Fighter Practice starts at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every
      month which is a moot). We will focus on training new fighters and
      melee practice. This practice is also a rapier, archery and thrown
      weapons practice as well !!!

      Here is the location:

      The Church of the Holy Family
      25291 Lehmann Blvd
      Lake Villa, IL 60046.
      One block south of 132 on rte 59.
      _

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      ** Thieves of Heart

      This is currently only a Rapier practice however it is open to heavy
      fighters as well. If you are a heavy fighter interested in this
      practice please contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

      Everyone is welcome to attend!

      Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

      http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook
      North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

      Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      Exit Willow road to the EAST. Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.

      Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last
      driveway into the school and turn left.

      Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then
      turn right behind the tennis courts. The parking lot will be on your
      left. Look for the propped open door to the gym that will be on your
      left as you enter the parking lot.

      ** FOXVALE

      Foxvale has its practice site back.

      Please contact the heavy marshal for directions and times.

      Erick Maxskelly
      erickmaxskelly@...

      ** TREE GIRT SEA -

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings,
      Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence,
      near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station). Note, the church is
      continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-
      perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin
      Ambrozjewski. His e-mail is kevinp9523@...
    • Drew
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2006
        What time does this practice start and end?

        --
        I'm not looking to stand up real high, I'd be happy to crawl /
        I think I'm losing my grip, but I can still make a fist /

        Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost
        What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time?
        What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind...
        (BNL)

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2006
          There are a lot of practices that you could be refering to since none
          were specifically highlighted or copied and pasted.

          As a general response I do understand the difficulties that can come
          from not having full information in an announced practice or
          activity. However, each either has a time listed or has a contact
          person you can contact directly to get more information from.

          As the Towne Cryer, I announce practices with the information I am
          given to make the announcement. Please feel free to contact those
          listed as the contact person to get the specific information you
          desire.

          Ian the Green
          Ayreton Towne Cryer

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Drew" <drewishdrewid@...> wrote:

          > What time does this practice start and end?
          >
          > --
          > I'm not looking to stand up real high, I'd be happy to crawl /
          > I think I'm losing my grip, but I can still make a fist /
          > You know I still got my one good arm that I can beat / I can beat
          myself up
          > with
          > (NIN)
          >
          > Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost
          > What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time?
          > What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind...
          > (BNL)

        • Peg Cook
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2006
            I believe, that the newly-moved youth practice was the one referred to. At least that's how I read it since the text of that post followed the question..

            Zanie

          • KCMalone3@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 14, 2006
              In a message dated 09/14/2006 9:46:03 AM Central Daylight Time, davidpeg@... writes:

              I believe, that the newly-moved youth practice was the one referred to. At least that's how I read it since the text of that post followed the question..

              Actually, he listed all practices in the order they were given in the original e-mail-youth just happened to be first.  But I assumed the same since that is the one that Acelina and I put out.  And we definitely need a time mentioned so....Youth practice will be at 6 instead of 6:30 due to the earlier setting fall sun and school occurring the next morning.  As for the ending time... When it becomes too dark too fight with the outside lights (which I must now get working bulbs into) we will stop fighting.  Socialization will continue much later I am sure.

              Anna Rakel
              (Kellee)