Re: [Ayreton] Roundtable Discussion

  • Drew Nicholson
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 13, 2006
      When Tree-Girt-Sea did KWAR back in 2001, we used a big hotel/conference center near-ish the airport.  I could have people look back into that paperwork.   But KWAR cost at least $20 per person, and we had to fill a certain number of hotel rooms, and there was no way to provision, cook or serve a feast.  There was also much less clean up, because the hotel did that.

      I'd note for the record that Cook County runs along the eastern edge of 294 -- which means that the western side is not Cook County, and therefore may have different ideas about renting out.

      Personally, rather than looking at convention centers or schools, I'd look for a nice, big church.

      On 9/13/06, Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@...> wrote:
      To be clear, NOTHING has been decided, other than deciding that there is enough interest to go ahead and start planning.  It was suggested at the roundtable that we should look for a central location, say along I-294...  (IDEALLY we'd use one of those nice hotel banquet/convention centers near the airport-- big, nice facilities, accessible via two major interstates and the blue line... but also probably ungodly expensive)  I realize there are people IN the city that don't want to go as far as or don't have transportation to suburbs further west, but the same could be said about people up in Ravenslake going to the south side of Chicago.

      In the end, it's really a matter of whatever we can find cheap.  And unfortunately that DOES mean the further west we go the easier that will be.  We can always use this space for coordinating carpools.

      ~Tedesco~

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 28, 2006
         Greetings!
             Are you looking for an outdoor or indoor site? You could price the MKAOD/Border Skirmish site. Greg LaPlante, 815-690-1234. 303 Herbert Rd, Lakemoor, IL 60051
        Ta,