More name ideas

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2008
      First off - I'll say that I'm one of those who thinks "Ayreton"
      should stay as the name for the Chicago area. Ayreton was conceived and
      spread to further the goal of unity among the groups in the Chicago
      area. Likewise, I dislike arms designs that celebrate 5, rather than 1.

      Name ideas:

      1) Fenby. Old Norse/Danish for "City by the swamp". It has the
      huge advantage of being short and easy to remember.
      (Documentation: Ashby cum Fenby is supposedly listed in the
      Domesday book - tertiary source)

      2) Diolkos. Hellenic Greek for the portage across Corinth. The
      root of Chicago is the linkage between the Great Lakes and the
      Mississippi system - so something representing that seems appropriate.
      This was the version I found that sounded best to me.

      Xavier