A request for help at the April 12 A&S Faire day.

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2008
      Signet? Isn't that a baby swan? Nope, that's cygnet.

      My apprentice sister, THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth is the Midlands
      regional signet. Its her job to give out scroll assignments to
      scribes so that people will receive their awards. Awards travel
      most safely in a scroll case.

      Some of you know I am collecting cardboard for this endevour.
      Cardboard, however, is just one part of the equation.

      Jocelyn is in very serious need of people to help sew on fabric
      sleeves for the construction of the scroll cases. The sewing is
      generally very easy to do, needing just straight lines sewn most of
      the time. Also, donations of fabric - scraps are wonderful too -
      would be much appreciated.

      Jocelyn's goal is to present a stack of scroll cases that will reach
      to the top of the Middle Kingdom Thrones. This is not just some
      idle idea of great magnitude but a real need to be accomplished as
      well. Scroll cases are eventually lost, damaged and destroyed so
      the Middle Kingdom is always in need of more. Also they make great
      ally gifts as well for upcoming wars.

      Jocelyn is hoping to get some, okay a lot, of work done sewing and
      putting together scroll cases at the Saturday A&S Faire. If you can
      help with donations of skill, cardboard and/or fabric that would
      greatly appreciated. And until the goal is reached this will be an
      ongoing project.

      Thank you very much.

      Ian the Green.