On the subject of by-laws

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      To the people of Ayreton, greetings from the Towne Cryer.

      Angus has brought some great resources to the discussion of potential by-laws and/or charter for the PIB of Ayreton.

      However, it is in fact too early to have a full populace discussion and decision on this list:

      1. We have not yet finalized the polling to determine if the Towne of Ayreton is actually moving to Proto-Incipient Baronial status.  That polling will be complete on April 26.

      2. It will be the responsibility of the PIB officers to facilitate the discussion Angus has raised, after (and if) we move to the next step in the process.  Let us trust the Transition Officer who is advising us in this entire process, and not jump the gun on big decisions like by-laws.  Part of your decision process as you vote on officers should be to determine who will best manage this process.

      3. Let's stay focused on the tasks at hand before we tackle a new, big subject.

      Yours in service,

      Mistress Gianetta, Towne Cryer and List Mistress

    • nadezda_zezastrizl
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        Well said Mistress Gianetta!

        One of the things that became part of the process in forming TGS's new
        charter was the certianty that major decisions be made in person. Too
        many things get lost in translation or misconstrued in electronic form.

        With this in mind, there's no way the charter can happen outside a
        meeting, much less before we have officiers.

        -Nadezda
      • Gary Hal Link
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
          Thank you Gianetta,

          For clearing this up, I thought it a little early to start these discussions.

          In Loving Service
          Hal