Re: [Ayreton] Proto-Incipient Baronial Candidates

  • rdpierce@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008
      One request on this:

      Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
      in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
      funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
      a policy agreed upon which states:

      1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
      equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
      groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
      the royal travel fund, etc.)

      2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?

      I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
      there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
      point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."

      Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
      decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
      manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.

      In service,
      Ryan Mackenzie

    • Eleanor (Robin)
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi All,

        Any ideas as to what the classes will be for next Saturday's A&S
        Academy at Ida Noyes Hall in Chicago?

        It would be nice to post something.

        Eleanor
      • Jen Small
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008

          I haven't received any class requests yet, but will be posting an official class solicitation email shortly.  And here's an unofficial one -- if anyone would like to teach a class at AAA II, please contact me ASAP!

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
            I was anticipating that all funds would be returned, then any unreturnable funds split between the 5 branches. That's what I proposed to Rokkehealden. I'd keep track of where everything came from so I could return it if necessary.

            I have to have that (primary and secondary purpose) for any fund that gets opened on the Rokkehealden books.

            Besides, I can't open any account until we have warranted officers. That won't be for a few months, at least.

            Ghita
            From: rdpierce@...

            > One request on this:
            >
            > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
            > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
            > funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
            > a policy agreed upon which states:
            >
            > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
            > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
            > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
            > the royal travel fund, etc.)
            >
            > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
            >
            > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
            > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
            > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
            >
            > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
            > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
            > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
            >
            > In service,
            > Ryan Mackenzie

          • Jen Small
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
              Yes, we will need to at least wait until after the 26th to move forward with this sort of thing.

              From: rdpierce@pobox. com

              > One request on this:
              >
              > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
              > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
              > funds on Rokkehealden' s books, or in its own account, I would like to see
              > a policy agreed upon which states:
              >
              > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
              > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
              > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
              > the royal travel fund, etc.)
              >
              > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
              >
              > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
              > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
              > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
              >
              > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
              > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
              > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
              >
              > In service,
              > Ryan Mackenzie

            • Gary Hal Link