RE: [Ayreton] Proto-Incipient Baronial Candidates

  • Tom Hughes
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008

      Ghita,

      This sounds good, but does this comply with the Kingdom Financial Policy?  Would the Kingdom Exchequer’s waiver be sufficient? :D

      Sean o’Shaughnessy

      From: Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...>

      Greetings unto the Populace of Ayreton from the Towne Cryer!

      The nominations are in, and it's time to make the final announcement for Officer candidates for the Proto-Incipient Barony.  Thanks to everyone who has put in a bid for office.

      We will be posting this list, with candidates' 25-word "speech" on the Ayreton web page:

      (note, this has not been fully updated with the list below!)

      Candidates, please feel free to send more information for posting to the page -- any letter you wish the populace to read, your picture, etc.  Please limit this to a page or so.  The webmaster reserves the right to limit what is posted for space reasons, but will be in communication with you if shortening is necessary.

      Please do NOT campaign on the Ayreton list -- let's keep all information on the web page, and not flood the list with traffic.

      REMEMBER: Voting will be on April 26.  Paid members can send in their votes by proxy before April 26.

      Position

      SCA Name

      MKA

      Group

      Archery marshal

      Lord Wolfram von Waldersbach

      Terrence Fernbach

      Grey Gargoyles

      Chatelaine

      Lady Hillary of Langeforde

      Aggie Berger

      Foxvale

      Chiurgeon

      Lord Angus Fraser

      Andrew Otto

      Rokkehealden

      Chiurgeon

      THL Seathán Mórchuiseach MacDhábhidh

      Jonathan Stoltze

      Vanished Wood

      Chronicler

      Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza

      Jen Small

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Exchequer

      Mistress Margherita Alessia

      Suzanne Early

      Rokkehealden

      Herald

      THL Phebe Bonadeci

      PJ Reaney

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Knights Marshal

      Lord Henry of Exeter

      Terry Doner

      Rokkehealden

      MOAS

      Dame Nicholaa Halden

      Nora London

      Vanished Wood

      MOAS

      Lady Jale bint Amar

      Wendy Pastrick

      Tree-Girt-Sea/Rokkehealden

      Rapier Marshal

      Master Christian Fournier

      James Klock

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Seneschal

      Master Cerian Cantwr

      Charles Grab

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Seneschal

      Master Hal Raeburn

      Gary Link

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Seneschal

      THL Twm ap Twm

      Tim Dinan

      Vanished Wood

      Sensechal

      Lord Angus Fraser

      Andrew Otto

      Rokkehealden

      Sensechal

      Lord Grimkirk ap Greymoor

      Michael Schneider

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Sensechal

      Master Philip White

      Craig Shupee

      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Yours in service,

      Mistress Gianetta, Towne Cryer

    • rdpierce@pobox.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008
        One request on this:

        Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
        in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
        funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
        a policy agreed upon which states:

        1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
        equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
        groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
        the royal travel fund, etc.)

        2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?

        I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
        there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
        point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."

        Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
        decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
        manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.

        In service,
        Ryan Mackenzie

      • Eleanor (Robin)
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
          Hi All,

          Any ideas as to what the classes will be for next Saturday's A&S
          Academy at Ida Noyes Hall in Chicago?

          It would be nice to post something.

          Eleanor
        • Jen Small
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008

            I haven't received any class requests yet, but will be posting an official class solicitation email shortly.  And here's an unofficial one -- if anyone would like to teach a class at AAA II, please contact me ASAP!

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
              I was anticipating that all funds would be returned, then any unreturnable funds split between the 5 branches. That's what I proposed to Rokkehealden. I'd keep track of where everything came from so I could return it if necessary.

              I have to have that (primary and secondary purpose) for any fund that gets opened on the Rokkehealden books.

              Besides, I can't open any account until we have warranted officers. That won't be for a few months, at least.

              Ghita
              From: rdpierce@...

              > One request on this:
              >
              > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
              > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
              > funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
              > a policy agreed upon which states:
              >
              > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
              > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
              > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
              > the royal travel fund, etc.)
              >
              > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
              >
              > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
              > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
              > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
              >
              > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
              > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
              > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
              >
              > In service,
              > Ryan Mackenzie

            • Jen Small
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
                Yes, we will need to at least wait until after the 26th to move forward with this sort of thing.

                From: rdpierce@pobox. com

                > One request on this:
                >
                > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
                > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
                > funds on Rokkehealden' s books, or in its own account, I would like to see
                > a policy agreed upon which states:
                >
                > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
                > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
                > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
                > the royal travel fund, etc.)
                >
                > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
                >
                > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
                > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
                > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
                >
                > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
                > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
                > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
                >
                > In service,
                > Ryan Mackenzie

              • Gary Hal Link