Re: [Ayreton] Proto-Incipient Baronial Candidates

  • suzanearley@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008
      Re: separate PIB bank account

      I was asked if we could have a PIB bank account, and the word has come back that this is normally done as a fund in another branch account (since incipient branches aren't allowed to have bank accounts). However, once we have a full slate of warranted PIB officers, Aiden (incoming Kingdom Exchequer) is fine with us opening a separate bank account, since this isn't a new low-level branch and there's no risk that we'd all disappear and lose the funds. :D

      Also, since I don't seem to have any competition for the PIB exchequer position, I'll also ask Rokkehealden if it's okay if I open a fund in their ledger for any funds that are designated for Ayreton between now and then. Not that anyone will send any funds in, rather just to be prepared. :D

      Ghita

      From: Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...>

      Greetings unto the Populace of Ayreton from the Towne Cryer!

      The nominations are in, and it's time to make the final announcement for Officer candidates for the Proto-Incipient Barony.  Thanks to everyone who has put in a bid for office.

      We will be posting this list, with candidates' 25-word "speech" on the Ayreton web page:

      (note, this has not been fully updated with the list below!)

      Candidates, please feel free to send more information for posting to the page -- any letter you wish the populace to read, your picture, etc.  Please limit this to a page or so.  The webmaster reserves the right to limit what is posted for space reasons, but will be in communication with you if shortening is necessary.

      Please do NOT campaign on the Ayreton list -- let's keep all information on the web page, and not flood the list with traffic.

      REMEMBER: Voting will be on April 26.  Paid members can send in their votes by proxy before April 26.

      Position
      SCA Name
      MKA
      Group
      Archery marshal
      Lord Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Terrence Fernbach
      Grey Gargoyles
      Chatelaine
      Lady Hillary of Langeforde
      Aggie Berger
      Foxvale
      Chiurgeon
      Lord Angus Fraser
      Andrew Otto
      Rokkehealden
      Chiurgeon
      THL Seath�n M�rchuiseach MacDh�bhidh
      Jonathan Stoltze
      Vanished Wood
      Chronicler
      Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza
      Jen Small
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Exchequer
      Mistress Margherita Alessia
      Suzanne Early
      Rokkehealden
      Herald
      THL Phebe Bonadeci
      PJ Reaney
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Knights Marshal
      Lord Henry of Exeter
      Terry Doner
      Rokkehealden
      MOAS
      Dame Nicholaa Halden
      Nora London
      Vanished Wood
      MOAS
      Lady Jale bint Amar
      Wendy Pastrick
      Tree-Girt-Sea/Rokkehealden
      Rapier Marshal
      Master Christian Fournier
      James Klock
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Seneschal
      Master Cerian Cantwr
      Charles Grab
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Seneschal
      Master Hal Raeburn
      Gary Link
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Seneschal
      THL Twm ap Twm
      Tim Dinan
      Vanished Wood
      Sensechal
      Lord Angus Fraser
      Andrew Otto
      Rokkehealden
      Sensechal
      Lord Grimkirk ap Greymoor
      Michael Schneider
      Tree-Girt-Sea
      Sensechal
      Master Philip White
      Craig Shupee
      Tree-Girt-Sea

      Yours in service,

      Mistress Gianetta, Towne Cryer

    • Tom Hughes
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008

        Ghita,

        This sounds good, but does this comply with the Kingdom Financial Policy?  Would the Kingdom Exchequer’s waiver be sufficient? :D

        Sean o’Shaughnessy

        From: Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...>

[...]

        THL Seathán Mórchuiseach MacDhábhidh

[...]

      • Andrew Otto

          From: Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@ yahoo.com>

[...]

          The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

          If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

          -*Andy*-

        • rdpierce@pobox.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2008
            One request on this:

            Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
            in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
            funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
            a policy agreed upon which states:

            1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
            equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
            groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
            the royal travel fund, etc.)

            2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?

            I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
            there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
            point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."

            Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
            decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
            manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.

            In service,
            Ryan Mackenzie

          • Eleanor (Robin)
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
              Hi All,

              Any ideas as to what the classes will be for next Saturday's A&S
              Academy at Ida Noyes Hall in Chicago?

              It would be nice to post something.

              Eleanor
            • Jen Small
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008

                I haven't received any class requests yet, but will be posting an official class solicitation email shortly.  And here's an unofficial one -- if anyone would like to teach a class at AAA II, please contact me ASAP!

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
                  I was anticipating that all funds would be returned, then any unreturnable funds split between the 5 branches. That's what I proposed to Rokkehealden. I'd keep track of where everything came from so I could return it if necessary.

                  I have to have that (primary and secondary purpose) for any fund that gets opened on the Rokkehealden books.

                  Besides, I can't open any account until we have warranted officers. That won't be for a few months, at least.

                  Ghita
                  From: rdpierce@...

                  > One request on this:
                  >
                  > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
                  > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
                  > funds on Rokkehealden's books, or in its own account, I would like to see
                  > a policy agreed upon which states:
                  >
                  > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
                  > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
                  > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
                  > the royal travel fund, etc.)
                  >
                  > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
                  >
                  > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
                  > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
                  > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
                  >
                  > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
                  > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
                  > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
                  >
                  > In service,
                  > Ryan Mackenzie

                • Jen Small
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
                    Yes, we will need to at least wait until after the 26th to move forward with this sort of thing.

                    From: rdpierce@pobox. com

                    > One request on this:
                    >
                    > Barony status is by no means a sure thing. Before any moolah is collected
                    > in the Barony's name, regardless of whether it is held as dedicated
                    > funds on Rokkehealden' s books, or in its own account, I would like to see
                    > a policy agreed upon which states:
                    >
                    > 1. What happens to the money if the Barony doesn't form. (I.e. split
                    > equally among the participating groups, or by percentage based on which
                    > groups contributed more, or if it goes to the Kingdom general fund, or
                    > the royal travel fund, etc.)
                    >
                    > 2. How would a decision that the Barony isn't forming be decided?
                    >
                    > I feel the first point is important so that, should the Barony not form,
                    > there will be a minimum of fuss over where the money goes. And the second
                    > point eliminates confusion over who gets to decide, "It's dead, Jim."
                    >
                    > Also, I feel it might be prudent to wait until a registerable name is
                    > decided upon before opening a bank account. I've seen banks impose all
                    > manner of hassles to make changes on corporate accounts.
                    >
                    > In service,
                    > Ryan Mackenzie

                  • Gary Hal Link