Combat activites thank you for help at the Carnival

  • TCD3125@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2008
      Greetings all,
      I wanted to thank all the people who helped with the combat related activities at the Ayreton Carnival.

      First up is Lord Johannes for stepping up and running the event.

      Next up are those good gentles who came forward to be the Marshals in Charge for the different activities.  They were:
      Hillary of Langeforde for Heavy
      Anton du Marais for Rapier
      Acelina of Derelei  for Youth
      Sean O'Shaughnessy for Youth – Armoured
      Wolfram von Waldersbach for Archery (unfortunately this was canceled do to the wether)

      Because of these people we were able to offer the combat activities also I wish thank all the others who helped marshal and constable during the day.  One of my goals was to have the marshals have time during the day to participate in combat during the day and, with the exception of the youth marshals, I believe all the marshals had the chance to play as well as marshal.

      I also want to thank the people who were able to teach combat related classes:
      Patrick von Brandenburg for his class on German mounted combat and for bring in the two “horses” to the event.
      Nadezda ZeZastrizl for teaching the post fighting stretching class.

      Finally I wanted to thank all the people who helped with authorizations during the day.  From what I remember there was one new heavy fighter authorized, three heavy fighters tried to gain additional authorizations, one new rapier fighter was authorized, and two new youth-armoured fighters gained their authorization.  This required the help of marshals and people willing to combat them in order for them to have the chance for authorization.  Thank you all.

      I hope that all the combatants had their fill of fighting for the day between the planned activities and the open list time for each group.  Please let me know if there are any ideas you have for making the combat part of the Ayreton Carnival more enjoyable for next year so I may pass your ideas along to who ever is in Marshal of Marshals for next year.

      Twm ap Twm
      Tim Dinan
      tcd3125(at)aol(dot)com