Ayreton Area Activities

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 11 6:26 PM
      Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
      have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
      know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
      Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
      project you would like to work on.

      The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
      recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
      buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
      people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

      It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
      However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
      makegarb is more than welcome!

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
      Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
      Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
      as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
      Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
      twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
      waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
      related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
      The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
      from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
      0125 to confirm.

      This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
      26th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

      THURSDAYS

      ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
      fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
      provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

      While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
      welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

      We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
      south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
      Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
      Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
      go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
      before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
      balconyto help you identify us.

      From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
      at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
      different suburb....

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
      Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
      Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
      information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
      levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
      aspect of the scribal arts.

      You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
      Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
      paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
      calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
      buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
      course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
      supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
      aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
      (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
      yourself.

      Place: Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Sept. 7
      Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
      Thursday, Oct. 5
      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona
      svalentine_98@...

      SATURDAY

      **Games Night:

      Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
      the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
      within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
      Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
      appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
      and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
      night starts around 6:30ish.

      We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
      week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

      From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

      From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
      at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
      different suburb....
    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 12 2:35 PM
        Ian--
        The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

        svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

        SATURDAY

        **Games Night:

        Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
        the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
        within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
        Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
        appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
        and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
        night starts around 6:30ish.

        We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
        week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

        From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me