Ayreton report #2

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2008
          I'll keep this short as I am sure people are getting enough email from this list today.  :)

      I helped marshal heavy fighting during most of the day.  The fighters seemed to have a good time and I did not hear of any somplaints outside of maybe wanting the bear pit to keep going.

      Thank you to all the official A&S types from Baroness Kristianne to the judges.  All were more than courteous and helpful.   It made entering the competiton less nerve racking.

      I managed to be able to see the Pippins and Baron Noyse perform.   As always, a true pleasure.

      Feast was very well recieved.  When you see fighter types walking around like they are thinking of where they can nap, you know they liked the food and had enough of it.  Great job Bojei and staff!

      Cleanup was amazing.   Captain Liam told us it was all done except locking up before 10:30.  In fact, he mentioned that he would be home before that time and with a cocktail in hand which made him very happy.

      I chatted briefly with many people and enjoyed myself immensely.

      Henry of Exeter
    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2008

        Ok, was out of town visiting Springfield for a couple of days, but will report from MY list area:

        We had two 16 year olds authorize as youth armored fighters--

        Congratulations to Vidar and Gareth, who can now spar with Youth Approved Adults (yes, this is a special thing, so it's not just any adults).

        And thanks to Nisson, Gintauras and Sabah for marshalling the authorization and to Sir Ix for fighting the two young men.

        I was very impressed.

        We had a great tourney with 4 of our Div. III fighters, and it was a good one.

        BTW, the Lady with the harp that Phillip didn't know is Gwendolyn, the wife of Master Einar.  She's fabulous, and it's great to hear her wonderful voice again after a time out of the SCA.

        YIS,

        Acelina

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2008
          anyone that live in LaGrange. Any members in that city?

          I need to find out about parking.

          --
          Sir Ixtilixochitl
          Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

          (Bo Ring - CTI - http://www.cticonnect.com)
        • Dolores Becker
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2008
            I fwded your message to someone I know in LaGrange.

            LCSD

            Moose

            Middle Kingdom - http://www.midrealm .org
            Midlands - http://www.themidla nds.org