From the Lord Mayor

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
      Greetings Citizens
           I hope this missive finds you in good health and fortune, as am I in anticipation of Carnivale this Saturday. Unfortunately not all among us are so blessed with the comforts we want, or the necessities we need for even for mere continuation. In this light, I would like to establish the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Needs, and appoint as its overseer my lady wife, Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, to ask your help with two causes dear to our hearts. I turn this missive over to her.
           The first cause is one for the aid of one of our own. Baroness Mor the Merry, our Regional MoAS is single-handedly raising her infant grandson Austin, who is afflicted with several birth defects. He requires intensive round-the-clock care which has caused her to miss massive amounts of time from work, and  he needs expensive drugs and special feeding formulas ($40 per 8 oz. can), both of which have strained her ability to make just the basic ends meet. I would like to set up a Silent Auction table at Carnivale, and am seeking donations of goods and the support of all of you attending. She has given so much of herself to two kingdoms, and now she could use a little in return.
           Second is the Glass Slipper project, a means for underpriviledged teen girls to receive donations of gowns and accessories so they may attend their Junior and Senior Proms. Any donations of wearable gowns and shoes, or patterns and suitable fabrics will be greatly appreciated. Plus sizes are especially needed. I will be collecting these at Carnivale and the next week at R.U.M. in Greyhope. I can also arrange to make pickups if needed in Ayreton.
           Thank you all for your time and support.
      Mistress Sarafina Sinclair
      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches