Re: Sad News

  • Philippa of Otterbourne
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2008
      Pardon the cross post!

      I now have the visitiation and services details for Akiko's father for anyone who is interested:

      Visitation:
      Friday, Mar. 14 from 2:00 PM-8:00 PM
      Svec & Sons Funeral Home (http://www.svecfuneral.com/1.html)
      6227 W. Cermak Rd.
      Berwyn, IL 60402
      708-484-2050

      Chapel Internment Services (No Mass):
      Queen of Heaven Cemetery, Chapel
      1400 S. Wolf Road
      Hillside, IL 60162
      708-449-8300

      Cards can be sent to:
      Patty Chadwick
      11824 Wolf Creek Lane,
      Plainfield, IL 60585

      --
      Philippa of Otterbourne

      Akiko's father, Richard Hartigan, passed away yesterday.  Details have not been firmed up yet.  Once the arrangements have been finalized, I'll pass along the information.

      --
      Philippa of Otterbourne
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2008
        Forwarded from the SCA Newcomers list:

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands,
        Middle Kingdom

        Robert Lynn Asprin, born June 28, 1946 - died May 22, 2008, was an American science fiction and fantasy author best known for his humorous MythAdventures series.

        Robert Asprin was born in St. Johns, Michigan, and attended the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Michigan from 1964 through 1965. From 1965 through 1966 he served in the United States Army. He was active in the early years of the Society for Creative Anachronism under the name "Yang the Nauseating" and co-founded the Great Dark Horde in 1971.

        Note: forwarded message attached.

        Forwarded from the Rivenstar list, which was forwarded from the SCA West list: