Combat class schedule for the Carnival

  • TCD3125@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11 2:44 PM
      Greetings,
      Here is the combat class schedule.  It looks to be a full day of combat classes and fighting for all you wish to take the lists.   I would like to thank all those to are giving of their time to teach a class, marshal a list, or help run the lists.  It is because of these people we can have fun at the Carnival.

      Tim

      Warm up(9:30am-10:00am)
       and Cool down  (4:30pm-5:00pm)
      Stretch out before you get onto the field! Led by one of our local certified yoga instructors, you will feel nice limber before attacking your opponents, but still have all the energy required.
      Cool down at the end of the day! After martial actives end, more stretching and cool downs to make tomorrow much more pleasant.
      Lady Nadezda ZeZastrizl

      Initiative in Rapier Combat: Use it or Lose it! (11:00am-12:00pm)
      This class will be sixty minutes long, and participants will require a fencing mask and a rapier simulator if they wish to take part in the hands-on drills. Observers are welcome and do not require any equipment. In this class we will examine the concept of Initiative from a Historical Combat perspective and discuss how these concepts can be used in SCA martial activities, with an emphasis on light weapons/rapier combat.
      Lord Michael Ashley, assisted by Baron AElfred of Chester

      How to Teach/Learn Rapier Fencing When You Don't Have the Gear(1:00pm-2:00pm)
      Many SCA folks have an interest in finding out more about the use of the rapier but don't want to invest in the gear to do so. This class will teach some of the basic principles of the art without using any gear.
      Baron AElfred of Chester with Lord Michael Ashley

      Medieval Dagger (3:00pm-4:00pm)
      In both the Italian and German medieval martial arts techniques were taught to defend against the dagger. This class will introduce several of these techniques to the participants.
      Gear: Participants will need to provide a fencing mask or rigid lenses
      safety glasses.
      Baron AElfred of Chester with Lord Michael Ashley

      Medieval German Mounted Combat (2:00pm-4:00pm)
      Lecture, demonstration, and experience in the mounted combat elements of the Lichtenauer school of German combat. The class will cover the lance, sword, and mounted wrestling techniques of this system, based principally on the manuscript of Sigmund Ringeck (c.1440). Ability to experience the techniques will depend to some extent on the number of participants in the class.
      THL Patrick von Brandenburg