Re: [Ayreton] Roundtable Discussion

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 11, 2006
      Especially since "Royalty" will be fairly close.  Oh wait...   Never mind, unless the event is before April 28th.  But I guess there's a chance the Royalty will Midlanders, especially since next month's crown tourney is in Illiton.

      Here's what we do know:
      Feb 10th, Val Day, Three Hills (>100 miles, but HUGE draw, though I doubt we were considering this early in the spring)
      Apr 21st, War Faire II, Blackhawk.
      Apr 28th, Coronation, TBA
      May 5th, Armored Egg Hunt, Baile na Scolairi
      May 18th, Chaos Caravan, Greyhope
      May 26th, Spring Crown, TBA
      Jun 23, Border Skirmish, Ravenslake
      Jun 30, Swine and Roses, White Waters

      I'd shoot for March or April.  These are going to fill up fast, so we should definitely work on locking down a site soon--preferably BY Foxhunt, also so at that meeting we can make start making some real decisions-- i.e. activities, since we'll know the season and facilities; and autocrat and sponsor, since we'll know the location.  I know some people might be against making such a big decision w/o even having a meeting about it, but I'd hate to have a good tentative date/site and lose the weekend to another event because we sat on it.

      ~Tedesco~

      On 9/11/06, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...> wrote:
      Ok, gonna answer two different people in the same email.

      We're working on times for the next two meetings at the Fox Vale and VW events.  We'll post as soon as possible.

      There are certainly some events we can try to work around.  The biggest "local" events that come to mind during that time are Rites of Spring and Armored Egg Hunt.  Since we know people from these groups, we should be able to get some kind of clue from them.

      But Tedesco is right...it all depends on site availability on this end.  And, you never know with a first run event.  It could be small, or Royalty could decide to attend, and then it gets bigger, or it could just explode without our permission (size wise).  So, we plan what we want to do, and get a site accordingly, and then "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead".

      Just my thoughts,
      Acelina

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 28, 2006
         Greetings!
             Are you looking for an outdoor or indoor site? You could price the MKAOD/Border Skirmish site. Greg LaPlante, 815-690-1234. 303 Herbert Rd, Lakemoor, IL 60051
        Ta,