Women as Artistis: From Antiguity to the Seventeenth Century?

  • obvious_keri
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 12:03 PM
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Keri and I'm a new member to this group. I'm in the middle
      of writing an essay for Art History class, but am finding myself
      stumped on what to write about on Women as Artistis: From Antiguity to
      the Seventeenth Century. This is all the midterm paper says to
      discuss, but I can't find any related websites, so if anyone knows
      anything about this subject then i would greatly appreciate your
      insight if any!
      Thanks,
      Keri
    • Emilysue Reichardt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11 12:28 PM
        Hi Keri, and welcome!
        If musicians count as artists, I could point you to a few, put if you're
        just looking for paint etc., maybe someone else can help.
        One that did both was Hildegard von Bingen, an abbess in the 11th
        century in Germany. Do some searches on her and see
        what you come up with -- just don't let it distract from finishing your
        essay!

        Amelie