RE: [Ayreton] Baronial Device Submissions

  • Mike C. Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008
      Come sit on Unka Amra's knee, Teleri, and let me tell you about  --  SCA Armorial Bearings!
      Indeed, branch devices still require the inclusion of a laurel wreath in the design -- but there are some side bets to be laid -- errr, there are some special rules about how they affect the whole submission and later conflict checks against the armory registered to the branch.
      The full Rules for Submission may be found at http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html
      For those who might like to get a leg up on the visuals available, consider the resource represented by the Pennsic Traceable Art Project http://www.aeheralds.net/Links/AE_Traceable_Art/IndivPDFs/ToC.html
      Amra, recently transient through Vanished Wood, home again in Steppes, Ansteorra (and an SCA heraldic contributor for <mumble> years...)
      Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

      Mike C. Baker
      Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
      alt. e-mail:
      KiheBard@...  OR MCBaker216@...
         Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen

      My memory is that there are certain SCA rules for group arms, beyond the standard heraldic stuff (no colors on colors). Is it still required to have a laurel wreath as part of the design? Can someone summarize, or point us to the rules for this?

      Is anybody willing to offer to draw for those of us who like to design, but can't draw so that you could distinguish a raven from a tree?