Baronial Officer - Nominations and Elections

  • scribesquire
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      Greetings!

      Nominations for the Proto-Incipient Baronial (here after known as
      PIB) Officers will be taken from now until March 31st. On April 2nd
      we will announce the candidates for all the offices. All nominees
      can send their info (SCA name, mundane name, and what office they are
      running for, REMEMBER you must be a paid member to hold an office) to
      the Ayreton Town Cryer at ayretontownecryer@...

      The following offices need to be filled (I believe) by Corpora Law:

      Seneschal

      Pursuivant

      Marshal

      Minister of Arts and Sciences

      Chronicler

      Exchequer

      Chirurgeon

      Elections to be held on April 26th, 1-4pm, at Congrational Church
      of Jefferson Park, 5320 West Giddings, 60630
      http://congregationalchurchofjeffersonpark.org/. Parking is at Hoyne
      bank parking lot at the corner of Giddings & Milwaukee (DO NOT PARK
      IN THE DRIVE THRU LANES). Please bring a canned food item for the
      food bank as that is all the church is asking for to use the space.
      Come vote and socialize!

      Voting – In person voting will be done until 2pm that day. Paid
      members may vote via proxy by email/snail mail/etc BY APRIL 25th, to
      either one of the participating seneschals (Tree-Girt-Sea, Grey
      Gargoyles, Rokkehealden, Vanished Woods, and Foxvale) if you cannot
      make the meeting. Allowing non-paid members to vote electronically
      opens up too many chances for irregularities.

      Baronial Device – Submissions to be made by the end of the Ayreton
      Carnivale on March 22nd (forms and crayons to be provided at Ayreton
      event if needed). After discussions with heralds, finalists will be
      announced and vote on device to be done at same meeting.

      Baronial name – Etienne can start documentation on `Ayreton' as
      baronial name.

      Lord Mayor – due to election of PIB officers, Etienne will stay as
      mayor until officers elected.

      We urge anyone who is interested in being one of these officers to
      take a moment to reflect on the work that will be involved. You will
      be the first officers of this group and that means a LOT of work,
      from putting together a group charter to setting precedent. You
      must be able to work well with others and we strongly discourage
      anyone with a personal agenda from applying.

      Please feel free to print this in newsletters and to forward to other
      lists.