Re: [Ayreton] Coronation gifts

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5 12:06 PM
      Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  The backache that started right before Stone Dog became a BACKACHE, and my doc put me on muscle relaxers...I was very mellow, but sitting upright was not on the agenda.

      This ties in nicely with a lengthy conversation I had with Her Highness at Stone Dog.  She is currently working on a "device" for her to give out as tokens of appreciation at War.  She and I talked specifically of the Midrealm Youth Tourney, but as we talked I got the impression that if she has more, she'll use them for others, as well.  With that in mind, now that I'm almost to a point of thinking again (yea, yea, go ahead and make your sarcastic/comic comments now), I will email her about this.  She was thinking of some sort of Viking badge like thing, and the idea was still taking shape.  However, if I can get from her what she wants, I will post to any and all.

      To give you an idea....the Youth tourney at Pennsic is usually attended by approximately 90-100 fighters in the 4 categories (the three boffer age groups and the youth armored group).  So, this could potentially be a massive project that would eventually incorporate way more than just people in Ayreton.  However, it might be a nice start.

      And, here's another idea.  We could say it was from the 6 local groups that currently make up Ayreton if people are uncomfortable with the proto-incipent Barony part of it.

      Just a thought (I hope it made sense, I haven't taken any of the drugs since last night, but I still find myself somewhat groggy).

      Acelina

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 3, 2008
        Just a 'bump' as a reminder of this. I will be at the upcoming AAA
        day on April 12th.

        In Service,
        Henry of Exeter

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "scribesquire" <Scribesquire@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings!
        >
        > I think it would be great for our proto incipient barony to
        give
        > gifts for coronation and as such I will be collecting anything
        folks
        > want to donate. I will be at the Ayreton event (of course) as
        well as
        > most all of the Ayreton fighter practices (Sunday's at Ida Noyes).
        If
        > you have something you want to donate and cannot make any of these
        > places, let me know and I will make arrangements to pick up from
        you.

        > If you are not sure what is appropriate for gifts, please
        check
        > thier Highnesses pages (accessed from the Midrealm site). If you
        still
        > have some questions, please feel free to contact me off list at
        > Scribesquire (at) comcast (dot) net.
        >
        > We can give the gifts during coronation court so be prepared
        to go
        > up as a group if you are going to be there (April 26 in Lexington
        Ky).