Re: [Ayreton] ANNOUNCEMENT: Mayoral Succession to be General Election!

  • John Adams
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
      No prob. My only concern was that there was indeed much Baronial business discussed at the ATHM, after it had been intended for there not to be any Baronial business at the ATHM. I know some who left the event before the meeting (since they weren't anticipating having missed anything), and some who didn't attend at all (since there wasn't supposed to be any Baronial business on the schedule), and so, are awaiting the details.

      Thanks, muchly.

      -- G

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
        Yes, it was a surprise to everyone, including the Seneschals, but because it was relevant to so many who were attending the meeting, it was deemed best to share the information on the spot.  I've sent the notes to Hizzoner to check my work, and will post ASAP.

        --G

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
          Grimkirk (and others who may have the same or similar questions)--

          We didn't announce that there would be Baronial business discussed, because we really didn't know.  We knew that the seneschals (or stand ins for those with family emergency business) would be meeting to discuss things, but what happened was that things were made known to us that we wanted to share with others as soon as possible.  Hence the discussion.

          Also, just as an explanation, having a general election for Mayor smacked of a Baronial election.  Something that we want to avoid.  The Mayor is NOT a Baronial position, or any other official position.  Having crossed a line once (my bad, I take full responsibility, and if you want details, please contact me privately and I'll be happy to share), we didn't want to do it again.

          Hope this helps...

          Acelina

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
            Rats!!! and I was going to run er-walk, sit, do some thing.

            Aethelwulf

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

            > Last I heard, it was decided there would not be a general election
            for Mayor.
            > Of course, I could be wrong.
            >
            > -Kevin A.
            >
            > John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
            > Since March 8 is approaching quickly, will the
            electronic form for the Mayoral election be being provided soon?
            > Additionally, will any form of minutes from Saturday's Towne Hall
            Meeting be being posted to the list?

            > -- Grimkirk

          • kevin purtrell
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
              Darn. I would've voted for you too. If someone stepped out of line, you'df just channel Lee Ermey. (THIS IS A JOKE!)

              -Kevin A.

              Tom Scrip <tomscrip@...> wrote:
              Rats!!! and I was going to run er-walk, sit, do some thing.

              Aethelwulf

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@. ..> wrote:

              > Last I heard, it was decided there would not be a general election
              for Mayor.
              > Of course, I could be wrong.
              >
              > -Kevin A.
              >
              > John Adams <auldefarte@ ...> wrote:
              > Since March 8 is approaching quickly, will the
              electronic form for the Mayoral election be being provided soon?
              > Additionally, will any form of minutes from Saturday's Towne Hall
              Meeting be being posted to the list?

              > -- Grimkirk

            • David Roland
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
                *L* After having worked closely with a mayor or two, and to steal
                from a friend of mine, I have this to say about that!

                You do all of that and then some.

                Ian