Re: [Ayreton] ANNOUNCEMENT: Mayoral Succession to be General Election!

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
      Last I heard, it was decided there would not be a general election for Mayor.
      Of course, I could be wrong.

      -Kevin A.

      John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
      Since March 8 is approaching quickly, will the electronic form for the Mayoral election be being provided soon?
      Additionally, will any form of minutes from Saturday's Towne Hall Meeting be being posted to the list?

      -- Grimkirk

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
        Thanks for highlighting this, Grimkirk.  I will be posting the minutes from the meeting by the end of the week -- I'm just typing them up today (had a Real Life Attack), and will be asking Hizzonner to proof them to fix any names I may have gotten wrong, etc.  They will then be posted to the general list.

        HOWEVER, one of the things discussed at the meeting was a last minute change of plans -- there will NOT be an election for Mayor, as it is still a primarily schtick-focused position.  So, good people of Ayreton, please STAND DOWN on the mayoral election, instead the usual schtick-filled protocol will be followed.

        Please stay tuned for the meeting minutes -- they are coming soon.

        Yours in Service,

        Mistress Gianetta, Towne Cryer

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
          No prob. My only concern was that there was indeed much Baronial business discussed at the ATHM, after it had been intended for there not to be any Baronial business at the ATHM. I know some who left the event before the meeting (since they weren't anticipating having missed anything), and some who didn't attend at all (since there wasn't supposed to be any Baronial business on the schedule), and so, are awaiting the details.

          Thanks, muchly.

          -- G

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2008
            Yes, it was a surprise to everyone, including the Seneschals, but because it was relevant to so many who were attending the meeting, it was deemed best to share the information on the spot.  I've sent the notes to Hizzoner to check my work, and will post ASAP.

            --G

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
              Grimkirk (and others who may have the same or similar questions)--

              We didn't announce that there would be Baronial business discussed, because we really didn't know.  We knew that the seneschals (or stand ins for those with family emergency business) would be meeting to discuss things, but what happened was that things were made known to us that we wanted to share with others as soon as possible.  Hence the discussion.

              Also, just as an explanation, having a general election for Mayor smacked of a Baronial election.  Something that we want to avoid.  The Mayor is NOT a Baronial position, or any other official position.  Having crossed a line once (my bad, I take full responsibility, and if you want details, please contact me privately and I'll be happy to share), we didn't want to do it again.

              Hope this helps...

              Acelina

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
                Rats!!! and I was going to run er-walk, sit, do some thing.

                Aethelwulf

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

                > Last I heard, it was decided there would not be a general election
                for Mayor.
                > Of course, I could be wrong.
                >
                > -Kevin A.
                >
                > John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
                > Since March 8 is approaching quickly, will the
                electronic form for the Mayoral election be being provided soon?
                > Additionally, will any form of minutes from Saturday's Towne Hall
                Meeting be being posted to the list?

                > -- Grimkirk

              • kevin purtrell
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
                  Darn. I would've voted for you too. If someone stepped out of line, you'df just channel Lee Ermey. (THIS IS A JOKE!)

                  -Kevin A.

                  Tom Scrip <tomscrip@...> wrote:
                  Rats!!! and I was going to run er-walk, sit, do some thing.

                  Aethelwulf

                  --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@. ..> wrote:

                  > Last I heard, it was decided there would not be a general election
                  for Mayor.
                  > Of course, I could be wrong.
                  >
                  > -Kevin A.
                  >
                  > John Adams <auldefarte@ ...> wrote:
                  > Since March 8 is approaching quickly, will the
                  electronic form for the Mayoral election be being provided soon?
                  > Additionally, will any form of minutes from Saturday's Towne Hall
                  Meeting be being posted to the list?

                  > -- Grimkirk

                • David Roland
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 27, 2008
                    *L* After having worked closely with a mayor or two, and to steal
                    from a friend of mine, I have this to say about that!

                    You do all of that and then some.

                    Ian