Stone Dog Inn V Thank Yous...

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
      Greetings,

      As most of you know, Stone Dog Inn V happened this past Saturday, 23.Feb.08. As my last act as Autocrat of that event, I would like to take some time and thank those who helped out in making the event such an enjoyable one.

      First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone who attended the event. After all, any event would not be any good without attendees. As I was walking around the event site and meeting various people, I personally thanked everyone for coming. To anyone that I did not get a chance to talk to at the event, please accept my thanks for attending this Saturday. Danke.

      Many thanks go to Master Thomas Penyngton, Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, Hizzoner Etienne Des Roches, Emmiken Die Waeyer, Caillech inghin Saigart, Clare of Monkeswell and Guy Dawkins of Stockley. Without your assistance, this event either would not have happened, or it would not have been anywhere near as good as it was. Danke.

      I would also like to send my sincere thanks to the students of the University of Chicago who helped out so much at the event: Emily Jacob, Nicole Ridgewell, Alex Carter, Margarita Guidos, Sarah Fricke, William of Atherbridge and Caillech inghin Saigart. I have always considered Stone Dog Inn to be a bit of a thank you from those Grey Gargoyles who aren't U of C students to those who are, and to see so many U of C students helping out so much when I would hope to see you all having a good time at the event was special. You all were great. Danke.

      I would also like to thank HRH Tessa for attending Stone Dog Inn. And I would also like to thank everyone helping out at the event for making all of the 11th hour changes needed to accommodate Tessa's arrival, and for helping in providing Tessa with a most enjoyable day. Danke.

      Many thanks go to Jane the Tall of Carlisle for helping out as a last-minute retainer for HRH Tessa. I would also like to thank Sarafina and Etienne again for helping out in bringing HRH Tessa to Stone Dog Inn. Danke.

      I would also like to send a very special thanks to Henry of Exeter, for scribing the invitation sent to HRHs Lutr and Tessa and for accompanying HRH Tessa at various times during Stone Dog. I also wish to send a special thanks to Dougal MacAlister for also acting as a last-minute retainer for HRH Tessa. Both of you made many offers to assist during the months leading to the event, and you both never waivered in your willingness to help out during the final moments leading up to the event. The constant willingness to help out that both of you showed me while I was making preparations for this event told me that when I chose the two of you to be my teachers I had chosen wisely. Danke.

      I would like to thank Gavin Blakwode for coming up with two ideas that turned into being very popular items at this event; the "Haggis Hunt", and the "Scottish or Crap" trivia game. I would also like to thank Gavin for helping out whenever I flagged him over at the event, even though I originally said I wouldn't do so. You're a good friend, and I'm proud to call you a comrade. Danke.

      I would like to thank Tedesco da Venezia for putting together the website, and for dealing with my my various requests as I kept changing my mind. Danke.

      I would like to thank Ian the Green for scribing the invitation sent to HRMs Palymar and Aislinn, and for assisting with Gold key. I would also like to thank Livy for assisting in Gold Key. Danke.

      I would like to thank those who helped out in the gaming room, especially Konrad Mailander, who came from North Oaken to act as a croupier. Danke.

      I would like to thank those who did various bits throughout the day to entertain the attendees, including, but not limited to, the Pippins, Mistress Amelie d'Anjou and Cieran. I would also like to thank Kuji for thoroughly amazing us all while making us all feel really stupid. And I would also like to thank Sgt. Sabah al-Rashid for being the taxman that everyone truly fears. To everyone who performed at Stone Dog Inn V, Danke.

      I would like to thank those who assisted Emmiken in marshalling the Rapier Tourneys and the Populace Pillow Fights. We had a godd fighter turnout at Stone Dog Inn, and your work helped ensure that all went well. Danke.

      I would like to thank Elen of Birchbrae for assisting at Troll and for serving Feast. I would also like to thank all of those who served at Feast, and who also helped out in clean-up. You all made our jobs easier and you have my sincere thanks. Danke.

      Finally, I want to thank the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles for allowing me to Autocrat this event. I knew that people had certain expectations about the activities at Stone Dog Inn, and that I was being entrusted in making sure those expectations were met, if not improved upon. I kept this mind the entire time I was planning this event. I would like to thank the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles for allowing this to be my first experience as Autocrat, and for entrusting the reputation of Stone Dog Inn to me. Danke.

      So, on that note, this officially closes Stone Dog Inn V.

      Stone Dog Inn will return, under new management of course. I've heard a rumor that some Bavarians want to make it into a Bier Hall, but that rumor is unsubstantiated.

      Once again, my sincere thanks to everyone for helping to make Stone Dog Inn V a good event. Danke.

      In Service,

      -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      "Voca me cum benedictis"
      Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
      Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
        I would like to add a few thank yous as well if that is permissable.

        3 of my children served feast.  On the way home, they talked of all the wonderful people who sat at their tables.  They felt honored to have been asked for their name and to have received such wonderful comments on their serving.  You made their time special and I want to thank you!   (I told them I would post this thank you and they thought that was a great idea!  And they added these below as well.)

        I also want to thank all those who played games with my children-you made their day and you know how I felt when we talked later-I am sorry I did not get your name.  And I would like to thank Johannes for helping with the auction bidding while I cleaned up from feast.   Griffen appreciated it even though he was short on funds.

        And I would like to thank Sarafina for all her kind words as well.  My children enjoyed helping you and would do so again if asked.

        This is one of the main reasons I have enjoyed the SCA so very much over the last 3 years.  A very large extended family that makes me and my family feel warm and welcome.  Thank You!

        Anna (honored to be mom to 4 great kids)

        (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)