Re: [Ayreton] Re: Roundtable Discussion

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 10, 2006
      Well at first glance, it sounds like it's going to be a big event (6 hosting groups!) but bear in mind this is the first year it'll be done, and often that means it'll be a smaller event until the word gets out.  But who knows, maybe we'll be surprised.  Unfortunately, there's no way to tell ahead of time-- certainly no way to tell before we get a site.

      As for scheduling, given the metropolitan area we live in, we're pretty much at the whim of wherever we can find a site.  It'd be great to say "lets not put it opposite any big events" but if we can only get a decent site on certain dates, we'll have to compromise.  Plus since we're probably going to be locking down a site in the next few months, many of those "huge events thats typically a big draw" aren't even on the Midrealm calendar yet-- so how do we plan around that?  We can guess when Val Day and other big events are, but that's no guarantee, because they're at the mercy of their site owners as much as we will be.  Fortunately, if we find a site early, we can get it on the Midrealm calendar ASAP and lock out that weekend for any other within-100-miles events.

      ~Tedesco~

      On 9/10/06, Valerie <valball_100@...> wrote:
      One other bits thats important as site and date is determining if this
      will be a huge event or a smaller one as well. I'm getting the
      impression we are going all out on this one to make a good impression.
      Correct?

      That being the case the site we choose needs to have plenty of space
      and parking. The date thats picked will want to NOT coincide with any
      other close by huge event thats typically a big draw as well.

      Thats my 2 cents

      Moira O'Dorran

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 28, 2006
         Greetings!
             Are you looking for an outdoor or indoor site? You could price the MKAOD/Border Skirmish site. Greg LaPlante, 815-690-1234. 303 Herbert Rd, Lakemoor, IL 60051
        Ta,