Re: [Ayreton] Perceptions vs Reality

  • Hilla Hamasdohtor
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
      I am somewhat sheepishly replying to my own message in light of my own
      suggestions. It has been brought to my attention (Thank you again,
      you-know-who!!!) that the minutes are indeed posted for, if not all, at
      least many of the town hall meetings. So, in light of that, I am
      wondering if future minutes might have "Minutes" in the subject header,
      so that if we have to use Yahoo's spiffy search function (no sarcasm
      here, cough) they are easily findable?

      My apologies and thanks,
      Hilla
    • Christian Fournier
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        Thanks, Hilla, for your comments and suggestions. I think that we
        could benefit from both a greater certainty that someone's taking
        minutes at any Towne Hall (maybe Da Lord Mayor needs a new Goon?) and
        from clear subject lines indicating when those messages are publicized.

        One thing that you and Andrew and Grimkirk have all raised is the
        desirability of openness in the process. I thought it might be worth
        noting that, at some point, there are limitations to the openness
        that is allowed by Kingdom and Society Law. Now, we're very far from
        reaching those limits, at this point, but there ARE some aspects to
        Baronial Transition (and, indeed, all Society reporting) that are
        required to be kept confidential (including, specifically, the
        results of the Official Poll of the populace, and any personal
        commentary included in any official report).

        I can't speak directly to why the Kingdom and the Society chose to
        require secrecy on certain issues of interest to the Populace, but
        they do. As such, I think it's important to know what we can and
        cannot expect to be given.

        And, like I say, everything we're doing at this point is allowed to
        be done in public, and I think ought to be. I'm just trying to give
        a heads-up, so that nobody is surprised later, when we run into the
        required secrecy that inevitably lies ahead of us.

        Christian
      • Jen Small
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
          Yes, and as the Towne Cryer, I will make a separate file posted in the Yahoo Group with the minutes from any future meetings, so they are easily and quickly accessible.

          I'll see how many of the old ones I can find and post this way.  Look for more posts when I find em.

          --Gianetta, in the official capacity of Towne Cryer

          I am somewhat sheepishly replying to my own message in light of my own
          suggestions. It has been brought to my attention (Thank you again,
          you-know-who! !!) that the minutes are indeed posted for, if not all, at
          least many of the town hall meetings. So, in light of that, I am
          wondering if future minutes might have "Minutes" in the subject header,
          so that if we have to use Yahoo's spiffy search function (no sarcasm
          here, cough) they are easily findable?

          My apologies and thanks,
          Hilla

        • Patricia E. Chadwick
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008

            Hi Gianetta,

            Is it OK to republish, these minutes in our shire newsletter?  I ask for a two fold reason.

            One our Chronicler is always wanting articles. J    This might make for interesting reading and well I’m just trying to help her out with article recruitment.  By the way, if anyone would want to send an article or two for the newsletter.  It would be very welcome!!!  (Note: She has not asked for me to post.  I’m posting independently, just to be nice and help her out.  Speaking as a former chronicler, I recognize that getting material can sometimes be a hard thing to do.)

            Two, I know of at least one of our shire members who does not have electronic communication.  He does get the newsletter and stays informed of our group activities this way.

            Three, it would just promote additional communication for those who do not follow the e-group and there by could be informed of upcoming meetings and happens.  In short, it could get more people in the know.

            Ok so I can’t count but I haven’t had my tea.  Now I need to get back to work.

            Have a great day!

            Akiko