RE: Heavy Fighting on Tuseday in Northbrook

  • Doug Petroshius
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 7, 2006
      I changed the above subject heading to read Northbrook.

      Since this is on my way home, I will attend as well. Even if those who do
      not have armor or cannot bring armor, there are many things that could be
      worked on at this practice. Slow work, movement dirlls, pell work, etc. You
      know, the kinds of things that we all TALK about doing one week, but end up
      going to our usual practice and just beat on each other ;)

      ~Gintaras~
      (GIN'-te-ris)

      >From: Technomancer <technomancer90@...>
      >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Heavy Fighting on Tuseday in Glenview Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Arts
      >Martial
      >Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
      >

      >Several heavy fighters at MKAOD expressed an interest
      >in practicing at Glenbrook North on Tusedays. I plan
      >on showing up next week on the 12th.
      >

      >Jamie
      >

      > > TUESDAY PRACTICES
      > >
      > > ** Thieves of Heart
      > >
      > > This is currently only a Rapier practice however
      > > it is open to heavy fighters as well. If you are a
      > > heavy fighter interested in this practice please
      > > contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...
      > >
      > > Everyone is welcome to attend!
      > >
      > > Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!
      > >
      > > http://thieves.ayreton.org/
      > >
      > > Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at
      > > the Glenbrook North High School. Address: 2300
      > > Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.
      > >
      > > Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.
      > >
      > > Exit Willow road to the EAST. Aprox 1.9 miles
      > > to Shermer Road.
      > >
      > > Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4
      > > blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn
      > > left.
      > >
      > > Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next
      > > parking lot and then turn right behind the tennis
      > > courts. The parking lot will be on your left. Look
      > > for the propped open door to the gym that will be on
      > > your left as you enter the parking lot.

      >http://mail.yahoo.com
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 14, 2007
        There is Archery practice going on in the area.  I do apologize I can't seem to find the announcement request with the Schedule.

        YOUTH BOFFER

        Here is the summer schedule for youth boffer.....It takes place at 2 different spots.
        The months of June and July have the same 1st and 3rd Mondays that we always try to maintain.  Please note the other dates are different days of the week.  For Sunday practices: Sibeal and her family have a pool and have offered its use after the fighting sessions are over.  So, please bring your swim suit and enjoy!  The only requirement is that the parents must stay and supervise their children

        July: 16th (Mon), 22 (Sun)
        August:
        12th (Sun) and *26th ( Sun)
        *the 26th is our end of the summer potluck.  Our fighters enjoy each others company (and the parents like to chat as well!) and this gives them a relaxed chance to spend the last summer practice together!

        Two Places:
        1)
        Monday and Thursdays: these are all at Anna's house (same place as last years youth practices)
        630-527-7041
        (
        KCMalone3@...) if you have questions
        6:00-9:00 or dark
        address:
        6s054 Country Glen Dr.
        Naperville, IL  60563

        Just north and west of the Route 59 train station.  The first house on the right, facing Country Glen Dr.  You will see the chairs and fighters in the front as we use the side yard to fight in.

        2)
        Sundays: these are all at Sibeal's house
        630-364-2514
        (
        sibeal63@...)  if you have any questions
        1:30-until "tired"....fighting will probably go until about 3:30 or 4 and then swimming
        address:
        10S060 Alago Road
        Naperville, Il 60564

        Just off of 87th Street on the south side of the Springbrook Prairie preserve.  The house is on the west side of the street.  Fighting will be in the back yard.

        Acelina is the marshall in charge. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        SHIRE OF GREY GARGOYLES

         AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
          The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

        Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

            Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

          Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

        - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
        . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
        at
        Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

        - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

        - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

        - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
        59th St.)

        - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

          Map Link
        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        TUESDAY PRACTICES

           Thieves of Hearts Practice

        Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are:

        - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.