Dance at the Ball for Reenactor Fest

  • Teleri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2008
      As has previously been announced, Reenactor Fest is being held in Arlington Heights on the weekend of February 9: http://www.reenactorfest.com/. One of the most fun activities is the Reenactors' Ball, where they alternate sets of dances from various periods throughout history.

      The Ball organizers are in need of additional dance instructors. They are specifically looking for someone who can teach the participants a few easy Civil War period dances, such as reels and something called "the Broom Dance". I told them that that was at least 200 years too late for me.

      If anyone can help with dance instruction for this event, please contact me, and I will put you in touch with the organizers for the Reenactor Fest Ball.

      I will be teaching a number of easy Renaissance dances at the ball, such as Branles, English Country, Almans, etc. If any dancers or dance masters are planning to attend the Fest, I could also use some assistance. I sprained my knee before the holidays and, even though I am no longer limping, it is healing quite slowly. I could use some help with demonstrating steps and figures on the floor, and such. Please contact me if you can help me out at the Ball.

      Thank you very much.

      Yours in Service,
      T.H.L. Teleri ferch Morgant ap Rhys

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?