Thorrablot Weather Report

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2008
      It is 27 degrees with light snow in Reykjavik.

      The good news is that the weather is cooperating for our theme.
      Thorrablot is when friends gather about a fire in the cold of winter.
      The bad news is that it's cold! Folk on the road today and tomorrow,
      make certain you have a good cold-weather kit with you:
      http://www.redcross.org/news/hs/holidaysafety/021126wintersafety.html
      But you'll be warm and happy when you get here!

      Friday, 18 January
      Sunny in the morning...then partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of
      snow in the afternoon (no accumulation). Highs in the lower 30s.
      Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. In the
      evening, mostly cloudy. Lows around 8. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

      Saturday, 19 January
      Bitterly cold. Mostly sunny. Colder. Highs around 11. northwest
      winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. In the evening,
      Colder. Partly cloudy. Lows around 3 below. west winds 10 to 15
      mph. Wind chill readings 7 below to 17 below zero.

      Sunday, 20 January
      Partly sunny. Highs around 15. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Lowest
      wind chill readings 5 below to 15 below zero in the morning.

      Hope to see ya at the event!

      Cheers, Folo