Re: [Ayreton] Re: Bids needed for Midlands Regional A&S

  • mandy lemke
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
      francesca

      nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:
      Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
      Ayreton event?
      Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
      And it provides a built in draw for the event.

      -Nadezda

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings to the Midlands,
      >
      > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
      This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
      sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

      > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
      staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
      officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
      facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
      site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
      brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
      entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
      are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
      Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

      > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
      to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
      Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
      (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
      this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

      > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
      this is so late a request.

      > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
      > thebaronessmor@ ...
      >
      > mka Mary Kearney
      > 217-433-8307
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      Try it now.

    • jay sabath
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
        Greetings,

        As the event stewart I do not have a problem with the Ayreton Carnival event being the Midlands Regional A&S.

        --
        Lord Johannes Machiavelli
        Shire of Rokkehealden
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
          At the first Ayreton Carnival we certainly did go off site for
          brewing entries in the A&S competition. I believe it would be up to
          the A&S folks but I see few reasons not to be accommodating in this
          regard. Every site has its limitations and we are very creative
          folks.

          Ian the Green, AoA

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>
          wrote:

          > would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
          > francesca
          >
          > nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:
          > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of
          the upcoming
          > Ayreton event?
          > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last
          year.
          > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
          >
          > -Nadezda
          >
          > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings to the Midlands,
          > >
          > > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
          > This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
          > sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.
          > >
          > > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
          > staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
          > officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
          > facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
          > site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided)
          for
          > brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the
          A&S
          > entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley
          room
          > are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the
          A&S
          > Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.
          > >
          > > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
          > to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like
          the
          > Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events,
          RUM
          > (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
          > this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.
          > >
          > > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
          > this is so late a request.
          > >
          > > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
          > > thebaronessmor@
          > >
          > > mka Mary Kearney
          > > 217-433-8307

          Mobile.
          > Try it now.

        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
            I believe a local group would need to contact our regional A&S
            Minister to make this happen.

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "jay sabath" <LordJohannes@...>