Re: [Ayreton] Re: Bids needed for Midlands Regional A&S

  • kateslists@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      It's a high school with a very strict no alcohol policy.

      From: "nadezda_zezastrizl" <nadezda_z@...>
      > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
      > Ayreton event?
      > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
      > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
      >
      > -Nadezda

    • mandy lemke
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
        would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
        francesca

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@ ...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings to the Midlands,
        >
        > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
        This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
        sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

        > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
        staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
        officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
        facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
        site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
        brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
        entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
        are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
        Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

        > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
        to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
        Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
        (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
        this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

        > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
        this is so late a request.

        > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
        > thebaronessmor@ ...
        >
        > mka Mary Kearney
        > 217-433-8307
        >

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        Try it now.

      • jay sabath
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
          Greetings,

          As the event stewart I do not have a problem with the Ayreton Carnival event being the Midlands Regional A&S.

          --
          Lord Johannes Machiavelli
          Shire of Rokkehealden
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
            At the first Ayreton Carnival we certainly did go off site for
            brewing entries in the A&S competition. I believe it would be up to
            the A&S folks but I see few reasons not to be accommodating in this
            regard. Every site has its limitations and we are very creative
            folks.

            Ian the Green, AoA

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>
            wrote:

            > would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
            > francesca
            >
            > nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:
            > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of
            the upcoming
            > Ayreton event?
            > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last
            year.
            > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
            >
            > -Nadezda
            >
            > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings to the Midlands,
            > >
            > > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
            > This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
            > sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.
            > >
            > > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
            > staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
            > officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
            > facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
            > site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided)
            for
            > brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the
            A&S
            > entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley
            room
            > are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the
            A&S
            > Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.
            > >
            > > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
            > to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like
            the
            > Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events,
            RUM
            > (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
            > this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.
            > >
            > > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
            > this is so late a request.
            > >
            > > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
            > > thebaronessmor@
            > >
            > > mka Mary Kearney
            > > 217-433-8307

            Mobile.
            > Try it now.

          • David Roland
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
              I believe a local group would need to contact our regional A&S
              Minister to make this happen.

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "jay sabath" <LordJohannes@...>