Re: Bids needed for Midlands Regional A&S

  • nadezda_zezastrizl
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
      Ayreton event?
      Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
      And it provides a built in draw for the event.

      -Nadezda

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings to the Midlands,
      >
      > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
      This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
      sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

      > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
      staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
      officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
      facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
      site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
      brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
      entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
      are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
      Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

      > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
      to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
      Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
      (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
      this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

      > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
      this is so late a request.

      > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
      > thebaronessmor@...
      >
      > mka Mary Kearney
      > 217-433-8307
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Try it now.

    • kateslists@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
        It's a high school with a very strict no alcohol policy.

        From: "nadezda_zezastrizl" <nadezda_z@...>
        > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
        > Ayreton event?
        > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
        > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
        >
        > -Nadezda

      • mandy lemke
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
          would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
          francesca

          wrote:

          > Greetings to the Midlands,
          >
          > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
          This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
          sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

          > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
          staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
          officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
          facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
          site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
          brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
          entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
          are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
          Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

          > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
          to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
          Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
          (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
          this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

          > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
          this is so late a request.

          > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
          > thebaronessmor@ ...
          >
          > mka Mary Kearney
          > 217-433-8307
          >

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          Try it now.

        • jay sabath
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
            Greetings,

            As the event stewart I do not have a problem with the Ayreton Carnival event being the Midlands Regional A&S.

            --
            Lord Johannes Machiavelli
            Shire of Rokkehealden
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
              At the first Ayreton Carnival we certainly did go off site for
              brewing entries in the A&S competition. I believe it would be up to
              the A&S folks but I see few reasons not to be accommodating in this
              regard. Every site has its limitations and we are very creative
              folks.

              Ian the Green, AoA

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>
              wrote:

              > would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
              > francesca
              >
              > nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:
              > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of
              the upcoming
              > Ayreton event?
              > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last
              year.
              > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
              >
              > -Nadezda
              >
              > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Greetings to the Midlands,
              > >
              > > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
              > This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
              > sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.
              > >
              > > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
              > staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
              > officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
              > facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
              > site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided)
              for
              > brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the
              A&S
              > entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley
              room
              > are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the
              A&S
              > Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.
              > >
              > > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
              > to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like
              the
              > Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events,
              RUM
              > (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
              > this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.
              > >
              > > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
              > this is so late a request.
              > >
              > > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
              > > thebaronessmor@
              > >
              > > mka Mary Kearney
              > > 217-433-8307

              Mobile.
              > Try it now.

            • David Roland
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
                I believe a local group would need to contact our regional A&S
                Minister to make this happen.

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "jay sabath" <LordJohannes@...>