Bids needed for Midlands Regional A&S

  • mary kearney
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2007
      Greetings to the Midlands,

      I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.  This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24.  I am sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

      The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll staff, etc as for any Event.  The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc.  Cooking facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

      Please contact me if you have questions.  The Bids need to come to me and I then send them on to Kingdom.  I would very much like the Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

      Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry this is so late a request.

      Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer

      mka Mary Kearney
      217-433-8307

    • nadezda_zezastrizl
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
        Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
        Ayreton event?
        Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
        And it provides a built in draw for the event.

        -Nadezda

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings to the Midlands,
        >
        > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
        This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
        sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

        > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
        staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
        officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
        facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
        site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
        brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
        entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
        are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
        Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

        > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
        to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
        Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
        (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
        this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

        > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
        this is so late a request.

        > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
        > thebaronessmor@...
        >
        > mka Mary Kearney
        > 217-433-8307
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        Try it now.

      • kateslists@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
          It's a high school with a very strict no alcohol policy.

          From: "nadezda_zezastrizl" <nadezda_z@...>
          > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of the upcoming
          > Ayreton event?
          > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last year.
          > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
          >
          > -Nadezda

        • mandy lemke
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
            would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
            francesca

            wrote:

            > Greetings to the Midlands,
            >
            > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
            This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
            sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.

            > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
            staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
            officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
            facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
            site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided) for
            brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the A&S
            entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley room
            are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the A&S
            Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.

            > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
            to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like the
            Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events, RUM
            (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
            this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.

            > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
            this is so late a request.

            > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
            > thebaronessmor@ ...
            >
            > mka Mary Kearney
            > 217-433-8307
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            Try it now.

          • jay sabath
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
              Greetings,

              As the event stewart I do not have a problem with the Ayreton Carnival event being the Midlands Regional A&S.

              --
              Lord Johannes Machiavelli
              Shire of Rokkehealden
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
                At the first Ayreton Carnival we certainly did go off site for
                brewing entries in the A&S competition. I believe it would be up to
                the A&S folks but I see few reasons not to be accommodating in this
                regard. Every site has its limitations and we are very creative
                folks.

                Ian the Green, AoA

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>
                wrote:

                > would we be able to go someplace close by for the brewing entries?
                > francesca
                >
                > nadezda_zezastrizl <nadezda_z@...> wrote:
                > Would it be possible for us to include A&S as part of
                the upcoming
                > Ayreton event?
                > Just thought, since there's plenty of space, as was proven last
                year.
                > And it provides a built in draw for the event.
                >
                > -Nadezda
                >
                > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mary kearney <thebaronessmor@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Greetings to the Midlands,
                > >
                > > I am in desperate need of bids for the Midlands Regional A&S.
                > This can be held any time before Kingdom A&S which is May 24. I am
                > sorry for the lateness of this request, but real life intruded.
                > >
                > > The host group needs to provide the site, needed tables, Troll
                > staff, etc as for any Event. The A&S folks (myself, the Kingdom
                > officer, etc) will have the A&S paperwork, Judges, etc. Cooking
                > facilities for cooking entries and the ability to have alcohol on
                > site ( or a close alternative site with transportation provided)
                for
                > brewing entries, either a large room with lots of tables for the
                A&S
                > entries, or several smaller rooms, a populace room, and a Talley
                room
                > are some of the things needed. Specific needs can be found in the
                A&S
                > Handbook, Chapter 11, found on the Kingdom A&S page.
                > >
                > > Please contact me if you have questions. The Bids need to come
                > to me and I then send them on to Kingdom. I would very much like
                the
                > Event to not conflict with any of the other Regional A&S Events,
                RUM
                > (3/29) or Spring Coronation or Gulf Wars, but I understand that at
                > this late date we need to deal with what dates/sites are available.
                > >
                > > Thank you, everyone for helping with this, and again, I'm sorry
                > this is so late a request.
                > >
                > > Baroness Mor, Midlands Regional A&S Officer
                > > thebaronessmor@
                > >
                > > mka Mary Kearney
                > > 217-433-8307

                Mobile.
                > Try it now.

              • David Roland
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
                  I believe a local group would need to contact our regional A&S
                  Minister to make this happen.

                  --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "jay sabath" <LordJohannes@...>