Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

      2 p.m. until the end of practice.

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

          No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Sept. 7
      Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
      Thursday, Oct. 5
      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
        Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

        Thank you!

[...]

          2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

        WEDNESDAYS

        Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
        and a dish to share.

        While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

        From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

        onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

        THURSDAYS

        ** The Pippins

        A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
        Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

        ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

        Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

        Thursday, Sept. 7
        Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
        Thursday, Oct. 5
        WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
        WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
        Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

        For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

        SATURDAY

        Games Night:

        Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
        games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

        Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

      • ayretontownecryer
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
[...]

          ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
          from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
          0125 to confirm.

          This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
          26th.

          WEDNESDAYS

          Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

          THURSDAYS

          ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
          fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
          provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

          While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
          welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

          We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
          south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
          Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
          Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
          go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
          before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
          balconyto help you identify us.

          From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
          at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
          different suburb....

          ** The Pippins

          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
          Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
          Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
          information.

          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
          levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
          aspect of the scribal arts.

          You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
          Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
          paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
          calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
          buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
          course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
          supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
          aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
          (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
          yourself.

[...]

          From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

          From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
          at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
          different suburb....
        • Dayle Harding
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
            Ian--
            The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

            ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

            From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

            svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

            SATURDAY

            **Games Night:

            Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
            the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
            within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
            Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
            appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
            and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
            night starts around 6:30ish.

            We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
            week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

            From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

            From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me