preserving animal hides

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24 8:13 PM
      Does anyone know how to preserve animal hide, or if it is possible to preserve it, until spring?  I have a friend whose husband just got killed a deer, but they need to put off tanning the hide it until spring if at all possible.

      Thanks,
      Anna

      **************************************
      Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.
    • Tom Scrip
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25 11:17 AM
        Roll it up tight and put it in the freezer. I had 3 hides that I got
        from a hunter that way, and was abel to tan them.

        Aethelwulf

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, KCMalone3@... wrote:

        > Does anyone know how to preserve animal hide, or if it is possible to
        > preserve it, until spring? I have a friend whose husband just got
        killed a deer, but
        > they need to put off tanning the hide it until spring if at all
        possible.

        > Thanks,
        > Anna
        >

        > **************************************
        > Check out AOL's list of 2007's
        > hottest products.
        >
        > (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?
        NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

      • KCMalone3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25 11:52 AM
          Thanks so much, Aethelwulf, for the quick answer!  This will help a lot!

          Anna

          Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.