Re: [Regia-NA] Raven/Viking Update

  • twlyon24
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2007
      The problem with wooden boats in general and wooden boats of this
      type of construction and age specifically is that they are not meant
      to last forever. Unless superb maintenance is done, once the decay
      starts it becomes almost impossible to stop short of a complete
      rebuild.

      The Constitution, built much heavier and a far more rot-resistant
      species is almost completely new.

      I think stabilization is about the best we could hope for at this
      time.

      Logos
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Peter James" <peter@...> wrote:

      > While I'm overjoyed to hear that the stabilisation grant has been
      won, I have to agree with Halv that she never really stood any chance
      of going to sea again.

      > Annual trips to the Mid-west are now part of my regular event
      planning, so I look forward to seeing the old girl again in the
      future.