Pippins Performance this last weekend

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2007
      Greetings All,

      The Pippins sang this weekend as part of the Oak Brook
      Chriskindlmarket (And no, we do not know why we were there on Nov
      11th …) and that it was the best audience I have ever had as a
      performer.

      We had a good 30-40 people who actually sat down in the cold and
      listened to our whole rep – which was a 30 min set. And a number of
      people who stopped their shopping to listen to a couple of songs as
      well.

      We performed a completely period rep – some Holiday music and only a
      couple in English – but all of our songs would be unfamiliar to a
      modern ear. And our audience was undeniably modern – these people
      were stepping outside of Macy's or Pottery Barn to listen to us.

      It was great to have such a positive response, and really satisfying
      as a performer to know we were appreciated. Sure it could have in
      part that we were the funny looking people dressed up in garb making
      a spectacle. But I'd rather like to think that we just helped them
      have a better day.

      It is nice to know that if you prepare and put on a performance with
      energy that you can find an audience anywhere.

      Thanks to the people from the local area who made it out, and hope to
      see more of you in the future!

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~Philip White

      And if you didn't catch us this last weekend, here are our upcoming
      performance dates:

      *Centuries & Sleuths Bookstore in Forest Park, IL on 11/30/07 at
      6:30PM

      *ChristKindlmarket Downtown in Daley Plaza, Chicago, IL on 12/01/07
      at 4PM

      *Boars Head in West Bend, WI on 12/08/07

      *Brookfield Zoo in Brookfield, IL on 12/16/07 at 6PM

      *Tree Girt Sea Twelfth Night in Chicago, IL on 1/26/08