A call for Help Sunday August 27, 2006

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 10:29 AM
      Greeting All,

      This coming Sunday we will have a group of people coming to visit the
      Ayreton Practice. They are very interested in the SCA and what it has
      to offer both Adults and children.

      These are a group of secular home schoolers that hope to be able to
      integrate the educational aspect of the SCA with the their home
      schooling. Discussions have already occured between them and the
      Regional Minister of Youth as well as with the Kingdom Youth Boffer
      Martial as to how this can be done successfully.

      While this is not exactly a demo I am hoping that the local SCA would
      come out in the best way possible. Having armor done as nicely as
      possible, people that aren't fighting coming in Garb and that sort of
      thing. If you have A&S projects that are finished, and especially if
      you have one you are still finishing that can be worked on would be
      great as well.

      There will be at least one family and up to 6 families that may be
      coming as well as the usual passers by.

      The hard part comes to this. We do not have the Building. In fact
      if I understand things correctly NOBODY has the building as it is
      closed until school gets started again. This means there will be NO
      electrical outlets nearby, though we can use the courtyard for
      covering. I can bring a few portable tables to use for projects but
      I seriously doubt that the building will be open and so their tables
      will be unavailable to us.

      Since this will be youth oriented having youth marshals for rapier
      and heavy would be very nice if they are available.

      And yes, children can do Arts and Sciences with the Adults. I saw
      some great pictures at Pennsic of 7 year olds doing Illumination with
      Gold and doing it very well.

      SCA parents who have children are of course encouraged to come and
      parcipate with their children.

      Please contact me at Mystborne AT Yahoo DOT com and let me know if
      you will be able to help out or will be coming and/or bringing
      projects so that I will know what to prepare and bring.

      Thank you very much!

      Ian the Green
      Chatelaine - Shire of Grey Gargoyles