Re: [Ayreton] From the Lord Mayor

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
      spdesroches@... writes:

      Date has been fixed at March 22nd, 2008, site is Glenbrook North H.S., the same as last year

      Being that I was busy during the meeting, I was wondering if it was known that Easter is Sunday the 23rd of March.  While I know not everyone celebrates Easter, I am wondering if this will be the best weekend for an event.  I know we will not attend on that weekend and I dont want to miss it.

      Anna

      **************************************
      See what's new at http://www.aol.com
    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
        Yes, it is known. Unfortunately we were given only two dates that
        the event could take place at this site and the other one was even
        less amenable. Thus the hard decision was made to have the event
        take place on March 22, 2007. We will have to do our best with what
        we have. I have full confidence that the Autocrat and his staff
        will do a fine job and after that, all we can do is hope that this
        date does not prove problematic for too many people.

        Ian

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, KCMalone3@... wrote:

        > spdesroches@... writes:
        >
        > > Date has been fixed at March 22nd, 2008, site is Glenbrook North
        H.S., the
        > > same as last year
        >
        > Being that I was busy during the meeting, I was wondering if it
        was known
        > that Easter is Sunday the 23rd of March. While I know not
        everyone celebrates
        > Easter, I am wondering if this will be the best weekend for an
        event. I know we
        > will not attend on that weekend and I dont want to miss it.
        >
        > Anna
        >

        > **************************************
        > See what's new at
        > http://www.aol.com

      • Sir Ix
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
          >Yes, it is known. Unfortunately we were given only two dates that
          >the event could take place at this site and the other one was even
          >less amenable. Thus the hard decision was made to have the event
          >take place on March 22, 2007. We will have to do our best with what
          >we have. I have full confidence that the Autocrat and his staff
          >will do a fine job and after that, all we can do is hope that this
          >date does not prove problematic for too many people.

          I am sure that you will all do a great job, but I would plan on
          attendance being down. I know that I will not likely come for an
          event on Easter weekend. Just FYI.

          --
          Sir Ixtilixochitl
          Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

          (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
        • spdesroches@att.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
            Greetings Citizens

                 I hope this missive finds you in good health and fortune, as am I in anticipation of Carnivale this Saturday. Unfortunately not all among us are so blessed with the comforts we want, or the necessities we need for even for mere continuation. In this light, I would like to establish the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Needs, and appoint as its overseer my lady wife, Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, to ask your help with two causes dear to our hearts. I turn this missive over to her.

            Greetings

                 The first cause is one for the aid of one of our own. Baroness Mor the Merry, our Regional MoAS is single-handedly raising her infant grandson Austin, who is afflicted with several birth defects. He requires intensive round-the-clock care which has caused her to miss massive amounts of time from work, and  he needs expensive drugs and special feeding formulas ($40 per 8 oz. can), both of which have strained her ability to make just the basic ends meet. I would like to set up a Silent Auction table at Carnivale, and am seeking donations of goods and the support of all of you attending. She has given so much of herself to two kingdoms, and now she could use a little in return.
                 Second is the Glass Slipper project, a means for underpriviledged teen girls to receive donations of gowns and accessories so they may attend their Junior and Senior Proms. Any donations of wearable gowns and shoes, or patterns and suitable fabrics will be greatly appreciated. Plus sizes are especially needed. I will be collecting these at Carnivale and the next week at R.U.M. in Greyhope. I can also arrange to make pickups if needed in Ayreton.
                 Thank you all for your time and support.

            Mistress Sarafina Sinclair
            THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches