Re: [Ayreton] From the Lord Mayor

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007

      Greetings Good Citizens

      Thanks to all who attended the Town Meeting this past Saturday. I'll recap the points of business here for those who couldn't attend.

      First, the Event Steward for the Ayreton Carnivale is Johannes Machiavelli. He will name his Co-Steward here in the near future. Date has been fixed at March 22nd, 2008, site is Glenbrook North H.S., the same as last year.

      Second, the results of the votes taken at the various groups business meetings on the question of whether or not to proceed with the exploration of the creation of a shell barony from the Chicagoland groups. The representatives of each of those groups reported the following results:

      Vanished Woods (host for the event) 6 yes,2 no, 5 abstaining. Yes.

      Foxvale 8 yes, 0 no, 3 abstaining. Yes.

      Grey Gargoyles 12 yes, 4 no, 1 abstaining. Yes.

      Ravenslake 0 yes 19 no, 0 abstaining. No. They will likely proceed with their own barony.

      Rokkehealden 14 yes, 4 no, 3 abstaining. Yes.

      Tree Girt Sea 18 yes, 3 no, 1 abstaining. Yes. This vote was tied to the motion to drop Provincial status, so as to become an equal canton with the other groups participating.

      Where do we go from here? The groups' seneschals will meet to elect a temporary seneschal who will coordinate the measures necessary to proceed. Check the Middle Kingdom Senschal's webpage for "Baronial Advancement and Transitions" for most of the details. In a nutshell, the measures include, but are not limited to communication with the Crown, the Kingdom's Seneschal, the Transitions Officer and the Regional Seneschal. This is done in the form of a petition. Once Crown approval to proceed has been

      received, the group may proceed with the compilation of the transition packet. They should also record all dates and times of the area meetings dealing with the transition.

           There's a lot more, needless to say. I won't put it all here, but include it in later missives.

      Lastly, I would like to express my deepest thanks and admiration for Ian the Green as our first Town Crier. He announced his desire to step down at the end of the Town Meeting. He has been for over two years, along with Tedesco da Venezia, instrumental in the creation and maintenance of the Ayreton website. The benefits of their efforts have been enjoyed by all in our town. His counsel has been treasured by myself and my two predecessors. He has selected as his successor Mistress Gianetta, who will doubtless carry on the fine standards set by Ian.  We know that he wishes to soon join his lady love in the distant lands of Northshield, where his talents will be appreciated by our neighbors to the north. Ian, you will be missed.

      In Service to the Midrealm and Ayreton

      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

      Your Lord Mayor

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
        spdesroches@... writes:

        Date has been fixed at March 22nd, 2008, site is Glenbrook North H.S., the same as last year

        Being that I was busy during the meeting, I was wondering if it was known that Easter is Sunday the 23rd of March.  While I know not everyone celebrates Easter, I am wondering if this will be the best weekend for an event.  I know we will not attend on that weekend and I dont want to miss it.

        Anna

        **************************************
        See what's new at http://www.aol.com
      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
          Yes, it is known. Unfortunately we were given only two dates that
          the event could take place at this site and the other one was even
          less amenable. Thus the hard decision was made to have the event
          take place on March 22, 2007. We will have to do our best with what
          we have. I have full confidence that the Autocrat and his staff
          will do a fine job and after that, all we can do is hope that this
          date does not prove problematic for too many people.

          Ian

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, KCMalone3@... wrote:

          > spdesroches@... writes:
          >
          > > Date has been fixed at March 22nd, 2008, site is Glenbrook North
          H.S., the
          > > same as last year
          >
          > Being that I was busy during the meeting, I was wondering if it
          was known
          > that Easter is Sunday the 23rd of March. While I know not
          everyone celebrates
          > Easter, I am wondering if this will be the best weekend for an
          event. I know we
          > will not attend on that weekend and I dont want to miss it.
          >
          > Anna
          >

          > **************************************
          > See what's new at
          > http://www.aol.com

        • Sir Ix
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
            >Yes, it is known. Unfortunately we were given only two dates that
            >the event could take place at this site and the other one was even
            >less amenable. Thus the hard decision was made to have the event
            >take place on March 22, 2007. We will have to do our best with what
            >we have. I have full confidence that the Autocrat and his staff
            >will do a fine job and after that, all we can do is hope that this
            >date does not prove problematic for too many people.

            I am sure that you will all do a great job, but I would plan on
            attendance being down. I know that I will not likely come for an
            event on Easter weekend. Just FYI.

            --
            Sir Ixtilixochitl
            Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

            (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
          • spdesroches@att.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16 7:49 PM
              Greetings Citizens

                   I hope this missive finds you in good health and fortune, as am I in anticipation of Carnivale this Saturday. Unfortunately not all among us are so blessed with the comforts we want, or the necessities we need for even for mere continuation. In this light, I would like to establish the Lord Mayor's Office for Special Needs, and appoint as its overseer my lady wife, Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, to ask your help with two causes dear to our hearts. I turn this missive over to her.

              Greetings

                   The first cause is one for the aid of one of our own. Baroness Mor the Merry, our Regional MoAS is single-handedly raising her infant grandson Austin, who is afflicted with several birth defects. He requires intensive round-the-clock care which has caused her to miss massive amounts of time from work, and  he needs expensive drugs and special feeding formulas ($40 per 8 oz. can), both of which have strained her ability to make just the basic ends meet. I would like to set up a Silent Auction table at Carnivale, and am seeking donations of goods and the support of all of you attending. She has given so much of herself to two kingdoms, and now she could use a little in return.
                   Second is the Glass Slipper project, a means for underpriviledged teen girls to receive donations of gowns and accessories so they may attend their Junior and Senior Proms. Any donations of wearable gowns and shoes, or patterns and suitable fabrics will be greatly appreciated. Plus sizes are especially needed. I will be collecting these at Carnivale and the next week at R.U.M. in Greyhope. I can also arrange to make pickups if needed in Ayreton.
                   Thank you all for your time and support.