I am officially stepping down

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, Midlands and to all whom this missive may come from Lord Ian the Green, your Humble Ayreton Towne Cryer.

      Way back when THL Cerrian Cantwyr (now Master Cerrian) was the Honorable Lord Mayor he gave unto me the title of Ayreton Towne cryer.  It was a time lost in the mists (about two years ago), and I was simply trying to get everyone on the same page as to what site the combined fighter practice was at.  Then other activities asked if I could make announcements for them as well.

      From that grew this position, for truly it is not an office, and a Yahoo! group dedicated to the centralized communication for the six groups that make up the unofficial area of the Towne of Ayreton.  I has been an honor and a pleasure and sometimes a sadness to make these announcements from normal activities, to ride requests, to items of interests and even the passing on of fellow scadians.

      As previously mentioned I started off working with Mayor Cerrian, then with Mayor Acelina and now finally Mayor Etienne.  I have been looking for work in the Barony of Jaravellir, which is in the Kingdom of Northshield so that I may live near the Lady whom I love.  In that vein I have been training a deputy to take over my duties as the Ayreton Town Cryer.

      This is my last missive, my last announcement as your humble Ayreton Towne Cryer.

      Please welcome with kindness and warmness Mistress Giannetta as the second Ayreton Towne Cryer.  I expect that she will bring definate improvement to this office.  My parting words of wisdom, take as you may.  Keep the mayor in line, they've all needed it at one point or another.  Let the mayor keep you in line, I've needed it at one point or another.  Be an excellent representative of the Towne of Ayreton at all times.  Believe me you are ALWAYS "on" in this position.  If you can go more than 30 feet at an event without being stopped you will have made it further than I have been able to at some events.  Keep the announcements current and accurate, that is the one failing of mine that I regret the most in this position.  And most importantly, keep the lines of communication open for the populace of Ayreton, that is, after all, what the position was created for.

      With a happy hope for the Future of this position and the future of the groups that comprise the Towne of Ayreton do I, Lord Ian the Green step down as the Ayreton Towne Cryer and hand it off to my former Deputy.

      For Mistress Gianetta, the New Ayreton Towne Cryer!  HOOBAH

      Lord, Ian the Green

      http://mail.yahoo.com