REMINDER: All Souls Event this Satuday!

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
      Vanished Wood All Souls Event - Liberate Jerusalem: One Man's Infidel is Another Man's Martyr.

      The infidels are advancing into the heart of Jerusalem; SCAdians are being oppressed and attacked; our guilds and bardic circles are being defiled. Jerusalem is groaning under poorly written filks and undocumented garb. Heralds are harassed and even prevented from access
      to the Boke of Ceremonies. All Noble subjects of the Midrealm must march to the defense of Jerusalem. All should go, rich and poor alike.

      The Midlanders must stop their internal wars and squabbles. Let them go instead against the infidel and fight a righteous war. There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who clean-up and wash dishes in the service of the Autocrat.. Here they are poor and miserable sinners; there they will be rich and happy. Let none hesitate; they must march on the Feast of All Soul's. The Autocrat wills it.

      Now that I have your attention, it is time to go to Vanished Wood's All Soul's Event on November 3, 2007 at the United Church of Christ in Roselle, Illinois. See flyer (http://www.vanishedwood.org/all_souls_day/) for directions. The day will see much merriment, fighting, rapier combat, youth combat, a sumptious feast, A&S displays, merchants, classes, classes and more classes and a Royal Court.

      Master Sean o'Shaughnessy, Autocrat

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
        Correction:  The autocrat incorrectly identified the church.  It is Roselle United Methodist Church, not United Church of Christ.

        We will properly chastize the autocrat once the event is over...we need him until then

[...]

        The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

        If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • PJ Reaney
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
          I hope the directions are still correct.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
            Yes, the directions are fine.  Only the name has been "changed"