The Arts and Sciences 50 Challenge

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      http://www.artsandsciences50.org/index.html?0.40933703837190083

      Welcome to the home of the A&S 50 Challenge!

      Unto all good gentles of the Known World does Lady Albreda Aylese
      send greetings!

      The Society for Creative Anachronism celebrates its 50th year on May
      1, 2015, and that will be cause for much celebration. I am starting
      early, and I hereby invite you to join the party!

      Challenges have long been a part of Scadian culture, and I thought
      that a challenge of 50 things seemed appropriate for our 50th year.
      Since years in the SCA are counted as Anno Societatis, (year of the
      Society,) or AS, and Arts and Sciences (the lovely canopy under
      which so many of my interests rest) is oft abbreviated A&S, the A&S
      50 Challenge was born.

      The A&S 50 Challenge can take one of two forms; either Depth or
      Breadth. The Depth Challenge is to create/do 50 of any one thing -
      make 50 pairs of shoes for your Shire, pen 50 scrolls for your
      Kingdom signet, cast 50 coins blanks, make 50 pieces of garb, judge
      50 competition entries, teach 50 classes, perform 50 songs, or even
      write a 50 page research paper; if you want to take your current
      work to a new level, doing 50 of it is bound to carry you a long way
      towards that goal! The Breadth Challenge can be about either trying
      new things, (either completely new to you, variations on things you
      have done before, or even new to your household, local group, or
      even Kingdom), or about creating a complete persona package (things
      that your persona would know about, have, and know how to do). Both
      individuals and groups may enter, and can choose to complete as many
      Challenges of either type as they please!

      The purpose of the Challenge is twofold; to learn and share of our
      learning, and to create and share of our creation. While we are
      edifying and beautifying our fair lands, we will also be serving
      both our populace and The Dream, and helping to make the SCA the
      very best it can be as it enters its 50th year.

      http://www.artsandsciences50.org/index.html?0.40933703837190083