Re: Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      I believe the recipe goes on display at the stated museum in
      germany. If you speak good enough german you might be able to
      contact them for the recipe...

      Ian

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wolfram von Waldersbach
      <Wolfram_von_Waldersbach@...> wrote:

      > They can't give the recipe because that original piece of
      bratwurst is still up for sale in a 7/11 somewhere in Germany. Trade
      secrets and all... ;-)

      > Actually, I'd love to know what it is too. Being of German
      ancestry, and having grown up eating traditional German dishes, I
      would love to now how similar this 600 year old recipe is to what I
      used to eat at my maternal grandparents' house.

      > Oh well...
      >
      > In Service,
      >

      > -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      >
      > Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
      > Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V
      >

      > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      > From: cf@...
      > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:34 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

      > Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst
      > But where's the recipe?? I wanna MAKE it!

      > Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live
      OneCare!
      > http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?
      s_cid=wl_hotmailnews