RE: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      They can't give the recipe because that original piece of bratwurst is still up for sale in a 7/11 somewhere in Germany. Trade secrets and all... ;-)

      Actually, I'd love to know what it is too. Being of German ancestry, and having grown up eating traditional German dishes, I would love to now how similar this 600 year old recipe is to what I used to eat at my maternal grandparents' house.

      Oh well...

      In Service,

      -Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
      Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V

      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      From: cf@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:34 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

      Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst

      But where's the recipe??  I wanna MAKE it!

    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        I believe the recipe goes on display at the stated museum in
        germany. If you speak good enough german you might be able to
        contact them for the recipe...

        Ian

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wolfram von Waldersbach
        <Wolfram_von_Waldersbach@...> wrote:

        > They can't give the recipe because that original piece of
        bratwurst is still up for sale in a 7/11 somewhere in Germany. Trade
        secrets and all... ;-)

        > Actually, I'd love to know what it is too. Being of German
        ancestry, and having grown up eating traditional German dishes, I
        would love to now how similar this 600 year old recipe is to what I
        used to eat at my maternal grandparents' house.

        > Oh well...
        >
        > In Service,
        >

        > -Wolfram von Waldersbach
        >
        > Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
        > Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V
        >

        > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        > From: cf@...
        > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:34 -0500
        > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

        > Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst
        > But where's the recipe?? I wanna MAKE it!

        > Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live
        OneCare!
        > http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?
        s_cid=wl_hotmailnews