Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

  • Christian Fournier
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007

      Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst

      But where's the recipe??  I wanna MAKE it!

    • Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        They can't give the recipe because that original piece of bratwurst is still up for sale in a 7/11 somewhere in Germany. Trade secrets and all... ;-)

        Actually, I'd love to know what it is too. Being of German ancestry, and having grown up eating traditional German dishes, I would love to now how similar this 600 year old recipe is to what I used to eat at my maternal grandparents' house.

        Oh well...

        In Service,

        -Wolfram von Waldersbach
        Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
        Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V

        To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        From: cf@...
        Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:34 -0500
        Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

        Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst

        But where's the recipe??  I wanna MAKE it!

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
          I believe the recipe goes on display at the stated museum in
          germany. If you speak good enough german you might be able to
          contact them for the recipe...

          Ian

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wolfram von Waldersbach
          <Wolfram_von_Waldersbach@...> wrote:

          > They can't give the recipe because that original piece of
          bratwurst is still up for sale in a 7/11 somewhere in Germany. Trade
          secrets and all... ;-)

          > Actually, I'd love to know what it is too. Being of German
          ancestry, and having grown up eating traditional German dishes, I
          would love to now how similar this 600 year old recipe is to what I
          used to eat at my maternal grandparents' house.

          > Oh well...
          >
          > In Service,
          >

          > -Wolfram von Waldersbach
          >
          > Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles
          > Autocrat - Stone Dog Inn V
          >

          > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          > From: cf@...
          > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:17:34 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Period Recipe for Bratwurst found

          > Historian finds oldest recipe for bratwurst
          > But where's the recipe?? I wanna MAKE it!

          > Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live
          OneCare!
          > http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?
          s_cid=wl_hotmailnews