Re: [Ayreton] A few musings...

  • Jen Small
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007

      You want an early period movie to go dress up at?  Found!  November 16:

    • Veronica Berglind
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
        Yeah, this looks like fun!  Incidentally, according to the New Castle News, a camera crew was filming at Pennsic for inclusion of a bit on the SCA in the special features on the DVD of Beowulf.

        Isabel of Kenniston

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Dayle Harding
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
          Actually, it was a fairly extensive amount of filming at Pennsic for this DVD.  Apparently, when the "real" actors were being costumed and armored up, HBO went to the people making the stuff and asked where they learned their crafts.  Enough of them said "the SCA" that HBO decided to investigate the SCA (in a good way).  The crews were polite, and were very careful about our rules for filming youth (they spent quite a bit of time on the youth lists).

          We'll see how much of that filming actually makes it to the DVD.

          Acelina

          Yeah, this looks like fun!  Incidentally, according to the New Castle News, a camera crew was filming at Pennsic for inclusion of a bit on the SCA in the special features on the DVD of Beowulf.

          Isabel of Kenniston

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • KCMalone3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
            >Incidentally, according to the New Castle News, a camera crew was filming at >Pennsic for inclusion of a bit on the SCA in the special features on the DVD of >Beowulf.

            >Isabel of Kenniston

            I had forgotten about the filming.  I didnt know that this was the movie though (unless there was more than one film crew).  I know they filmed some of my kids fighting for it.  Since their dad was on the list field, I am not sure who actually was filmed as they had to have parental signatures, I believe, to shoot the kids.  ( of course my husband tried to pay them to shoot the kids!)

            Anna

            See what's new at http://www.aol.com