Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Arts Academy (Oct 27) -- Demos/Classes

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2007

      Many Greetings

      I can bring either leatherworking of pewtercasting stuff. Or maybe both if space permits. Will I need a table?

      Etienne

      -------------- Original message from Jen Small <jenrsmall@...>: --------------

      Unto the good townspeople of Ayreton does Mistress Gianetta send greetings!

      We have had several people offer their talents to share their arts and sciences with us at the Ayreton Arts Academy.

      Because we will all be in one room, we would like to do more demos than a formal class schedule.  So, everyone who would like to share their knowledge will bring their materials and establish a space at the tables.  When they are so moved, they will announce to the populace that they are demoing a certain skill or technique, and those interested can gather to that area.  This will be ongoing throughout the afterrnoon.  So, there is no formal schedule, but there will be teaching/Q&A/demos of:

      Calligraphy
      Illumination, including gilding techniques
      Embroidery
      Beekeeping
      Period Research techniques
      Authentic wrestling techniques

      And there's plenty of room for more!  Please bring your arts and sciences, show off, and get some work done too!

      Yours in service,

      --- Gianetta