Ayreton Activity Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26, 2007
      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

      Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

      Yours in service,

      --Gianetta

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      Barons Noyes

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      As many might know, Magdalena von der Plesse and Peter the Goldsmith are relocating to the Kingdom of Atlantia. We wish them well in their new endeavors.

      Therefore, I would like to announce the Province of Tree Girt Sea Scribal nights have been changed, beginning October 3rd, 2007.

      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth
      (mka Vickie Rayhill)

      When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

      Where: 978 Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016

      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

      More info: 847-824-3814

      The new schedule will begin Wednesday, October 3.

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
      illumination.

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

      Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
      Thur. Oct. 4
      Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
      Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
      Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

    • Ayreton Chronicler
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008

        Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!  Please check these listings for accuracy and send me any changes.  Thank you!

        MONDAY ACTIVITIES

        BARONS NOYSE

        Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

        Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

        Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

        SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

        Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

        TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

        NORTHBROOK DANCE PRACTICE

        We have started a bi-monthly dance practice every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Glenbrook-North High School in Northbrook .   I hope that this endeavor will flourish and more people will join us.  Contact Kristiana for more details, or the Thieves of Hearts.

        WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

        Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

        Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

        Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

        --------------------------

        WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

        TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

        Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
        illumination.

        Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
        When: M
        eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.

        Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
        More info: 847-824-3814

        AYRETON DANCE PRACTICE

        Practice is open to any and all who wish to dance.

        Who: Quintius de Folo (mka Chris Quinn), Alex Carter
        When: Every Wednesday
        Where: University of Chicago , Ida Noyes Hall 1212 East 59th street Chicago IL 60637
        The theatre on the 3rd floor
        Time: 7:00PM to 9PM
        More Info (773)576-4600 or (614)354-5062

        THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

        ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

        The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

        For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

        THE PIPPINS

        The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

        VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

        The Vanished Wood sewing guild is open to all comers. For further information contact Acelina

        FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

        NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

        Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm

        Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.

        For more information, email: gschneid@....

        SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

        HERALDS AT HOME

        Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

        3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

        Phone 773-286-5952.

        All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

        SCIENCE! NIGHT

        Alternating Sunday Nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Angus and Rosaline's

        Phone Number: (630) 963-9128

        Address: 5224 Pennywood Drive , Lisle , IL   60532-2030

        Bring a Science project to show off, work on, get help with, your science projects. We have facilities for working in wood, leather, paper, food, cloth and light metal. Bring your own safety equipment!

        GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

        For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

        ______

        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.